Belguim slice or buscuits

undercut, Aug 29, 11:16pm
Hi, can anyone share thier slice or buscuit recipe with me please! I have looked in the search bar, but nothing there. Thanks.

asue, Aug 29, 11:21pm
yum - make both - good receipe I use in the edmonds cookbook

undercut, Aug 29, 11:28pm
I have the edmunds cook book, but it fell apart and some of the pages are missing, must of got lost when we had to move out of our home. I have a few slice cook books , but not one has this recipe, and the more I think about it the more I crave it.

kinna54, Aug 30, 2:32am
There are so many different recipes around, and some of them just don't taste the same.
Here is the original oldie from 1976 Edmonds book, the new recipe edition is different, has cocoa in it.
*Belgium Biccies Edmonds 1976:*
125gms butter
75gms brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp mixed spice
1 tsp ground ginger
1 egg
225gms flour *or 125g flour and 125gms ground rice*
1tsp baking powder
Cream butter,sugar, and spices together. Add egg and beat. Mix in dry ingredients. Knead on a floured board.
Roll out thin, cut into rounds. Bake on a greased tray 15-20mins at 180c.
Sandwich together with raspberry jam and ice the top of each biscuit with pink icing.

suzanna, Aug 30, 3:03am
If you search again making sure that you put 'last year' under date posted then you will find many recipes for Belgium biscuits.

undercut, Aug 30, 3:39am
Thank you everyone, and for kindly not pointing out I had the spelling wrong, which explains why I never found it. I will make this tomorrow, I cant wait. YUM YUM YUUMMMMM. :0)