Has anyone got Recipes for a Breakfast Picnic

nzkea1, Aug 29, 7:54am
We have a friend arriving from Christchurch this week and would like to take her to Tambourine Mountain for a "Brekkie Picnic" has anyone got any suggestions please, I am on the Gold Coast and have a great choice of fresh fruit etc over here, am also happy to spend the $$$$$$ or whatever it takes to make it :O)

firemansgirl, Aug 29, 8:12am
I loved Tambourine Mountain! In fact I loved the Gold Coast fullstop! Definitely loads of fresh fruit, maybe croissants, some nice cheese, ham, tomatoes. An Esky with juice, Greek yoghurt, pack some really yummy muesli. Maybe make some little bacon & egg tarts, muffinpan sized ones. Maybe a nice bottle of bubbly to have a glass each (if your drink/driving laws allow it) and don't forget the camera! Enjoy :-)

splitty, Aug 29, 8:26am
Oooh a breakfast picnic sounds great. Pancakes rolled with whipped cream and yummy fresh fruit, I 2nd the croissants with ham, cheese and tomato.

nfh1, Aug 29, 8:42am
What a fantastic place for a picnic - I would think anything would taste fabulous there!A lovely platter of fruit would be lovely to nibble on, home made bircher muesli, a smoothie to drink and a fantastic venue.

rainrain1, Aug 29, 7:43pm
Don't forget the Champers!

lx4000, Aug 29, 9:06pm
BREAKFAST MUFFINS

Ingredients
1 1/4 cups (275g) caster sugar (I use normal sugar)
2 cups (300g) plain flour
2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp baking powder
1 cup sultanas
1 cup desiccated coconut

2 cups grated carrot
1 cup grated apple

1 cup chopped walnuts

3 eggs

1 cup (250ml) vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla extract

Icing sugar, to dust

Method
1. Preheat oven to 180degC.

2. Sift sugar, flour, cinnamon and powder into a large bowl.

Add sultanas, carrot, apple, coconut and walnuts.

In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs, oil and vanilla.

3. Add to the dry ingredients and fold until just combined - do not over mix.

4. Spoon into muffin pans and bake for

(sprinkle over sunflower seeds if you wish)

25 minutes or until golden brown.

Serve dusted with icing sugar. Or sprinkle sunflower seeds on top before baking! mmMmm

Good healthy lunchbox food!

cgvl, Aug 29, 9:47pm
croissants with either cream cheese and smoked salmon or I have had some with camembret in them but can't remember other ingredient, sooo yummy.
Bacon and egg tartlets (done as suggested above).
Really nice coffee. and juice as well as the bubbles.

nzkea1, Aug 29, 11:45pm
Thanks everyone for your wonderful suggestions, some great ideas for our picnic, muesli is a great idea I am going to make some Bircher Muesli.We are just getting things sorted for a Picnic lunch this Friday as heading to to Nim Bin and Byron Bay - Friday and taking a Cob Filled Loaf with lost of yummy home chargrilled peppers, sweet potato, mushrooms, prosciutta etc, take out of the fridge the next day and pop it into the oven to nicely crisp up.Also going to make orange mousse and for ease of transportation, you pop the mousee into small jam jars with sealed lids, never done that before but I thought what a great idea.

nzkea1, Aug 29, 11:46pm
Fab recipe will definately be making these, maybe not for this picnic but certainly for another one :O)