Fish pie for children.

piglet36, Aug 28, 6:57am
anyone got any easy recipes.preferably without celery! Got some blue cod but need it to go far.

52many, Aug 28, 7:01am
I never make my fish pie with celery in it.Mine is mashed tatties with a fried onion added.cooked fish and white sauce with a good pinch of curry powder, salt & pepper and cheese melted on the top.

piglet36, Aug 28, 8:15am
thanks, sounds perfect.

moana9, Aug 28, 11:19am
i make a rou sauce add the juice form a tin of smoked fish then flake up fish mix in the sauce.Put in oven dish on top crushed onion chips then heap of cheese kids love it.can put in chopped up boiled potatoes or hard boiled egg.A good dish to hide veges in.

nzkea1, Aug 29, 7:50am
Make a cheesy sauce using white wine and seeded mustard, I also add hard boiled eggs also to my fish pie then add large pieces of the blue cod, pour the whole mix into a casserole dish and sprinkle with Japanese Breadcrumbs and Parmesan Cheese.How decadent using your gorgeous blue cod in a fish pie :O) Bon Apetite!

craig04, Sep 1, 5:08am
Made a delish fish pie last weekend using a smoked kahawai from the markets. A simple white sauce mixed with the flaked fish, plus onion, curry powder, chopped boiled eggs, cooked diced carrot, salt and pepper - pour into casserole dish and top with mashed potato and bake. You could sprinkle some cheese on top if you wanted

lythande1, Sep 1, 5:25am
Roux, not rou.

I like the smoked kahawai idea but without curry. Smoked fish doesn't need too many other additions. Mash on top, brown the mash a bit.