Bombe Alaska / Baked Alaska Recipe Please

lafemme, Aug 21, 2:06am
I want to make this dessert for a birthday dinner. Any recipes and ideas greatly appreciated. Thanks.

gardie, Aug 21, 2:10am
I made one for my hubby's birthday.Sorry but don't have a recipe.I made a thinish sponge for the base then when it was cool piled on some scoops of icecream and then covered the whole lot in meringue and froze it for most of the day.Just prior to serving I put it under a grill to brown up (not too close).Nigella Lawson has a recipe in one of her books - you may be able to find it online.

52many, Aug 21, 7:52am
OUrs as folows.1 x 3 litre ice-cream. I x plain sponge cake. Wrap sponge cake around 3 litre of ice-cream. Freeze. Beat 6-8 egg whites.until peaks formed and can hang bowl unpside down.Plaster around molded sponge cake and again, freeze overnight or for at least 4-6 hours. Take out of freezer just before dessert time. Pour over your choice of alcohol, set on fire to caramelise and serve straight away.melt in your mouth to die for! You can also sprinkle over crushed nuts of your choice over the top as well.serve withj a strawberry/raspberrie or blackberrie coulie sauce.

52many, Aug 21, 7:56am
Tonight I tried the deep fried ice-cream.with a nutty crumb mix served with a caramelised banana and fresh fruit.Empty plates all around.8 of them! Thats why I am at the computer.I cant move anywhere else.guests all gone home, kids in bed.burrrrrrrppppppppp.-
.well, excuse me!

lafemme, Aug 22, 4:37am
Thanks for the recipe! I'm a bit nervous about making it but want something spectacular so am going to give it a go!