Vegetable bake!

clairbell, Aug 21, 1:48am
how could I make one thats gluten free! cant use any of the maggi etc recipe bases cos they all have gluten. TIA :)

blt10, Aug 21, 2:50am
Look to your left, enter GF free vegetable bake,last year and see what comes up. You might learn some tips reading the comments. Good luck.

annie642, Aug 21, 3:00am
google gluten free recipes for whatever you want

davidt4, Aug 21, 5:42am
Use homemade pure chicken stock or cream as the liquid and you'll be fine.

Non-grain veges don't contain gluten.Just steer clear of manufactured additives, simmer sauces, packets of soup etc. and an added bonus will be that your vege bake actually tastes good.

Try googling "gratin" as well as vegetable bake.

gaspodetwd, Aug 21, 7:01am
I make one by either adding cheese sauce ( use maize Cornflour) or
A mixture of full fat milk, creme fraiche and eggs, and salt, pepper and nutmeg.
We like kumara, onions, leeks, carrots in ours. And I often top with cheese.
Dead easy - just steer clear of processed foods.

cookessentials, Aug 21, 7:48am
This is our vege bake with sour cream sauce.only thing is, it does have the maggi stock and cornflour. There MAY be GF items that you can use to substitute for those two items.

Vegetable Sour Cream Bake
2 kumara, peeled and sliced
pumpkin, skinned and cut into cubes
4 leaves silverbeet, washed and sliced
2 courgettes, grated
1 large onion, sliced
75 grams feta cheese, cut into small cubes
½ cup water
1 teaspoons herb or chicken stock
2 teaspoons cornflour
1 tablespoon sour cream
ground black pepper
25 grams grated tasty cheddar cheese

Method

Pre-heat oven to 210 C.
Boil or steam the kumara and buttercup until almost tender. Remove from pot and put to one side.
Place the silverbeet and courgettes in the pot and cook a further 5 minutes.
Heat a little water in a non-stick pan and sauté the onion until tender. Remove from the heat and stir in the feta cheese.
Lightly grease an oven-proof dish and layer the buttercup, feta and onion mixture, silverbeet and courgettes and finish with the kumara slices.
Mix together the water, stock, cornflour, sour cream, and pepper. Pour over the vegetable layers.
Sprinkle the top with the grated cheddar cheese.
Bake at 210 C for 30 minutes.
I dont do level spponfuls for any of the measurements, usually heaped. If you have no courgettes, dont worry, i often just do it with silverbeet.

cookessentials (1177 )9:13 pm, Wed 27 Apr #10

davidt4, Aug 22, 5:42am
Use homemade pure chicken stock or cream as the liquid and you'll be fine.

Non-grain veges don't contain gluten.Just steer clear of manufactured additives, simmer sauces, packets of soup etc. and an added bonus will be that your vege bake actually tastes good.

Try googling "gratin" as well as vegetable bake.