Something different for roast veges!

jazzryn, Aug 19, 11:31pm
Am wanting to cook up a roasting dish of roast veges for a pot luck tea tomorrow night. Want something a little different like usung balsamic vinegar. Any ideas would be great.

davidt4, Aug 19, 11:39pm
Pumpkin, red capsicum, eggplant, red onion, all cut into large chunks.Sprinkle with salt, pepper, extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar and roast about an hour until tender.Some crumbled feta is a good addition.

buzzy110, Aug 20, 1:31am
I'd use a sprig of fresh rosemary here as well.

Some of us would probably add potatoes, pumpkin, kumara and/or parsnip, cut into small chunks as well.

westigal, Aug 20, 6:45am
Roast every thing buzzy110 and david4 suggests plus some whole garlic cloves, last 10 mins drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, toss lightly and finsh cooking, then add 2-3 cups prepared cous cous and toss again.

This has become a family staple now, stretches roast veges out for the influx every time I cook a roast . they seem to be able to sense the oven going on LOL
Any left overs (ha ha) make a wonderful cold salad the next day.

Or, as a main dish I stir fry marinated steak, thinly slice it and mix it thru' the veges. Best budget dish ever.

buzzy110, Aug 20, 6:54am
Now how did I forget the roasted whole cloves of garlic! They are such a fabulous taste explosion alone or in roasted vegetables. Thanks for the reminder westigal.

westigal, Aug 20, 7:10am
Whole roasted garlic is my lastest"find' buzzy, can't believe the difference between whole cloves,sosweet and mellow; and chopped garlic, more rustic and pungentin cooking.
My garlic mad hubby gets to eat it as much as he likes now, whole cloves arelot more sociable.
Gosh, could do with a roast tonight now. But too scared to even turn oven on, as i said in last post, kids will turn up from everywhere if I do and I just want a nice quiet night.

buzzy110, Aug 21, 1:31am
I'd use a sprig of fresh rosemary here as well.

Some of us would probably add potatoes, pumpkin, kumara and/or parsnip, cut into small chunks as well.

westigal, Aug 21, 6:45am
Roast every thing buzzy110 and david4 suggests plus some whole garlic cloves, last 10 mins drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, toss lightly and finsh cooking, then add 2-3 cups prepared cous cous and toss again.

This has become a family staple now, stretches roast veges out for the influx every time I cook a roast . they seem to be able to sense the oven going on LOL
Any left overs (ha ha) make a wonderful cold salad the next day.

Or, as a main dish I stir fry marinated steak, thinly slice it and mix it thru' the veges. Best budget dish ever.

westigal, Aug 21, 7:10am
Whole roasted garlic is my lastest"find' buzzy, can't believe the difference between whole cloves,sosweet and mellow; and chopped garlic, more rustic and pungentin cooking.
My garlic mad hubby gets to eat it as much as he likes now, whole cloves arelot more sociable.
Gosh, could do with a roast tonight now. But too scared to even turn oven on, as i said in last post, kids will turn up from everywhere if I do and I just want a nice quiet night.