Cake painting. . .

smooshii, Aug 17, 4:42am
so i was going to try n use the vodka n colouring mix to paint cake i am making. .unfort it seems im outa vodka. . what else would work! any other clear alch!

Thanks in advance!

kimkat1, Aug 17, 7:18am
Gin !

chicco2, Aug 17, 8:50am
If it's the gel colours, or even powder, mix it with royal icing until the right colour and consistency to apply with a brush. You can make the icing quite thin, and have a little lemon juice or even water in a glass for rinsing the brush.

eternity04, Aug 17, 10:12pm
You can use Gin if you have any, any clear alcohol will work. I use Gin with my powder colours, i haven't used it with any paste colours. Using the alcohol just makes it dry faster, so a little bit of water mixed with the powder would work just as well. What I have done in the past is make up a cake just for fun and iced it, so I could try out alot of different things on it, and I would know what works and what doesn't. This week I am making up a cake that needs to have green on it, so Im going to practise with the buttercream on another cake first before the real one is done. Saves alot of sweat and tears if you practise first lol.
Good Luck.Jan.

cupcakes5, Aug 17, 10:49pm
any white spirit is fine to paint cakes with

daleaway, Aug 17, 11:55pm
Cocoa and water, like they did in the 1930s!

lisa7, Aug 18, 7:37am
I think you can use clear vanilla extract as well.

chicco2, Aug 18, 8:50am
If it's the gel colours, or even powder, mix it with royal icing until the right colour and consistency to apply with a brush. You can make the icing quite thin, and have a little lemon juice or even water in a glass for rinsing the brush.

eternity04, Aug 18, 10:12pm
You can use Gin if you have any, any clear alcohol will work. I use Gin with my powder colours, i haven't used it with any paste colours. Using the alcohol just makes it dry faster, so a little bit of water mixed with the powder would work just as well. What I have done in the past is make up a cake just for fun and iced it, so I could try out alot of different things on it, and I would know what works and what doesn't. This week I am making up a cake that needs to have green on it, so Im going to practise with the buttercream on another cake first before the real one is done. Saves alot of sweat and tears if you practise first lol.
Good Luck.Jan.