Best Mozarella please!

sallar, Aug 16, 8:15pm
Bought a bag of Pams pre grated yesterday.talk about the worst cheese I have found so far. Not stringy, no taste and no fat. Might as well have put plastic on top of my homemade pizza. The other imported one in New World isnt a lot better so can someone out there help me with a tasty, stringy and fatty one like Pizza hut used to use in the good old days! Sally

mattdylan, Aug 16, 9:25pm
Dont get the perfect italiano one in the green and red pacakging, its horrible stuff too - no taste. I like Clevedon mozerrela bought from Farro Foods and Nosh it's in water but expensive at $10 for a ball, its buffalo mozzerella

davidt4, Aug 16, 9:38pm
Buffalo mozzarella is the best.The Clevedon one is pretty good, but I prefer the Italian ones that are packed in whey.One brand is Rustichella but there are others and they are all good.

That pre-grated stuff is "pizza mozzarella" and is made from processed cheese scraps.It bears no resemblance to real mozzarella.

You can make you own mozzarella if you can be bothered.There is plenty of information about this on the internet.

sallar, Aug 16, 10:06pm
Thanks. I had already tried The Perfect Italiano one and found that ghastly as well so will have to go online to buy a decent one as the supermarkets here do not stock buffalo. I dont mind paying the extra for a decent cheese. Thanks for your input. Maybe I will try making it myself.

mattdylan, Aug 17, 9:25pm
Dont get the perfect italiano one in the green and red pacakging, its horrible stuff too - no taste. I like Clevedon mozerrela bought from Farro Foods and Nosh it's in water but expensive at $10 for a ball, its buffalo mozzerella