Ganache help, all lumpy

dolphinfan, Aug 14, 5:10am
I am making friends wedding cake and did a trial run with icing.Made a ganache (first time) and it is full of hard lumps of chocolate.
Tastes good LOL but what have I done wrong!

duckmoon, Aug 14, 5:11am
you added more chocoate than the hot cream could handle melting. it means that the cream got cool, before all the chocolate was melted.

what is your ratio to cream and chocolate. perhaps less chocolate added at a time will solve your problem

dolphinfan, Aug 14, 5:14am
It was 1 cup cream to 250g choc, I put in a whole bottle of cream, so just over a cup and a whole pkt of choc melts *slaps forehead*
Must listen to myself and follow the flippen recipe LOL

deus701, Aug 14, 7:04am
You can warm it up gently until all the choc has melted. Then add a teaspoon of glucose. It helps with giving the ganache a sheen otherwise it be just dull n looks like u messed up.

margyr, Aug 14, 6:14pm
also if you have too much choc it will be just about impossible to cut without it all cracking.

rchelley, Aug 14, 9:21pm
When I made the ganache for Miss 5's birthday cake I made it with a melted block of 70% whittakers chocolate (in the microwave) and slowly mixed in a container of thickened cream.it was really easy and tasted awesome.I find that chocolate melts don't taste as nice as chocolate blocks so don't use them anymore.

duckmoon, Aug 14, 9:38pm
thickened cream isn't just cream. it has had something added to it, to thicken it. I agree with your comment about the quality of the chocolate impacts on the quality of the ganache