Best banana cake recipe needed!

mattdylan, Aug 10, 10:14pm
I need a banana cake recipe please, I have had many banana cakes and they are usually always DRY yuk.I would like to make a 2 layered one with cream in the middle, how long would this kind of cake last! Thanks :)

beastie3, Aug 10, 10:46pm
Wow lotsa questions! First of all I use the edmonds cookbook recipe. If the mix is too dry add a bit more milk and don't overcook! Recipes don't always have to be followed to a tee because every oven is different. As for how long the cake will last depends on how yummy it is haha just joking! I wouldn't keep one with whipped cream more than a day purely because of the cream -it will taste yuk on day 2! Large airtight container will keep cake (naked)fresh for a day maybe 2 but baking is at its best when eaten on the day.good luck

suzanna, Aug 11, 1:47am
We like this one-
Banana Chocolate Yogurt Cake
2 cups sugar, 200g butter or marg, 3 cups self raising flour, 2 eggs, 2 tsp baking soda, 1 cup boiling water, 1 cup plain yogurt, 1 ½ tsp vanilla essence, 2 mashed bananas, ½ cup cocoa, ¼ tsp salt. Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Turn mixture in to medium roasting dish and bake at 180C for an hour. That’s it. Note, I pour the boiling water over the butter/marg to melt it. You don’t have to use plain yogurt. I have used fruit flavoured and it is lovely. I have also left out the cocoa altogether and not replaced it with anything. Bananas can be replaced with other soft fruit. So there you go. Very versatile. It will work fine in two smaller cake tins or even as muffins. Adjust cooking time to suit. I don’t actually know that it ever takes an hour to cook. Depends on oven I suppose.

Quoteevorotorua (91 )3:55 pm, Sun 24 Oct #5

suzanna, Aug 11, 1:54am
.and this one-

Family sized Chocolate or Banana Cake
Ingredients 250grams melted butter 2 1/2 cups of Chelsea Caster Sugar 2 large eggs 2 tablespoons Chelsea Golden Syrup 4 cups self raising flour 3 tablespoons baking cocoa for chocolate cake -or for Banana cake, 2 very ripe, large mashed bananas 2 teaspoons baking soda 2 1/2 cups luke warm milk Method Cream butter and caster sugar. Add eggs and golden syrup - if making banana cake, add bananas and mix well. Sift together flour, baking powder - and cocoa if baking chocolate cake. Dissolve baking soda in milk. Blend dry ingredients and milk into the butter mixture together and mix until well combined and mixture is lump free. Pour into a very large cake tin (equivalent to oven roasting dish) lined with greaseproof paper. Bake 180°C for 45-50 minutes or until cake comes away from the paper. Wait 10 minutes before turning cake onto rack. When cold, ice with chocolate icing sprinkle with coconut and serve. posted by partybagsnz"

mattdylan, Aug 11, 2:00am
Awesome thanks guys!as we will want some for next week too i might eliminate the cream and just serive the pieces with cream :)

rozke, Aug 11, 2:38am
SOUR CREAM BANANA CAKE: easy peasy --3 eggs, 1 cup sugar 1/2 cup oil, 3/4cup sour cream, 3 - 4 overipe bananas-- Beat well -- add 2 cups flour1and 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp baking soda. Mix well. Bake 170C for 1 hour.
l got this recipe out of here,Moist and lovely