Help with a fail-proof recipe please.

cautis, Aug 10, 7:47pm
I am crap at making macaroni cheese.Made it last night and well, I liked what turned out but it wasn't like a real mac n cheese like I've eaten when others make it.Does anyone have a real fail-proof recipe I could try please!I'm wondering if I didn't have enough sauce in it.Thanks.

rchelley, Aug 10, 11:18pm
I usually just make a cheese sauce (using tasty cheese and adding dijonaise mustard), but I do brown onions and bacon in the butter before putting the flour in.Then mix with pre-cooked pasta then top with grated cheese and fresh breadcrumbs mixed with butter.it usually turns out really well.

lythande1, Aug 11, 12:06am
It's ick.
I saute an onion and some chopped bacon. Add a can of tomatoes, season and a few herbs. Boil the macaroni, add the tomato mix then stir in 1/2 cup grayed cheese.

Far better than that gluey stuff.

petal1955, Aug 11, 8:18am
Try this one.ites really easy

MACARONI CHEESE

MAKES 4 SERVINGS-----

75 G BUTTER------
1 TSP CRUSHED GARLIC ----
2 CUPS MACARONI---- SPIRALS, SEA SHELLS ELBOWS
2 CUPS BOILING WATER-----
1 CUP MILK-----
2 CUPS GRATED CHEESE-----
2 TBSP FLOUR------
1 ONION FINELY CUT-----
BACON PIECES -------
BROCOLI PIECES-------
RED PEPPER DICED--------
SLICED TOMATOES FOR TOPPING------
CHOPPED PARSLEY------
½ TSP CAYENNE PEPPER
1 TBSP DRY MUSTARD POWDER -----
EXTRA GRATED CHEESE FOR TOPPING

*****IF YOU LIKE A CRISP TOPPING MAKE IT BEFORE YOU COOK THE MACARONI ------
MICROWAVE A MIXTURE OF DRIED OR FRESH BREADCRUMBS WITH 1 TBSP BUTTER AND 1 TBSP CHOPPED PARSLEY AND COOK FOR2-4 MINUTES STIRRING AFTER EACH MINUTE------THEN SET ASIDE-*******

CUT BUTTER IN CUBES ----- PLACE PASTA, CHOPPED ONION,BACON, BROCOLI, GARLIC AND BUTTER IN A LARGE DISH AND ADD BOILING WATER AND COOK UNCOVERED ON MED HIGH POWER
FOR 12-15 MINUTES STIRRING EVERY 5 MINS------- STIR IN MILK ------ COOK FOR 2 MIN TO WARM MILK----- ON A PIECE OF HANDEE TOWELMIX GRATED CHEESE WITH FLOUR, CAYENNE PEPPER AND DRY MUSTARD POWDER AND PARSLEY AND STIR INTO THE HOT PASTA MIXTURE-----AND MICROWAVE ONHIGH POWER FOR 3-4 MINUTES.--------

THEN PLACE THE BREACRUMB TOPPING ON TOP ALONG WITH THE TOMATO SLICES AND GRATED CHEESE AND POP UNDER THE GRILLER TILL CRISPY

cautis, Aug 11, 9:49am
Thanks guys, I will try these.

pickles7, Aug 11, 10:53am
microwave macaroni cheese.

2 cups of macaroni
3 cups hot water
1 teaspoons salt
100 grams of butter

1 and 1/2 cups of milk

300 grams of grated tasty cheese
1/4 cup of plain flour
1 and 1/2 teaspoons of dry mustard powder.

Microwave the water, butter, salt and macaroni for 12 minutes
without a lid, stir twice in the 12 minutes.
stand 5 minutes.
Add the milk,
mix together the rest of the ingredients, and stir in.
microwave a further 3 minutes, stir microwave further 3 minutes.
serve.

mwood, Aug 11, 11:44am
IMHO Macaroni Cheese is the most disgusting Trailer Trash meal ever "invented"

buzzy110, Aug 12, 5:43am
You cannot say that mwood because then you would be in total agreement with me and we never have seen eye to eye so you take that back and I'll say it instead.

kinna54, Aug 12, 7:53am
I love macaroni cheese,always do the bacon thing, and when affordable I add tomato pieces, but if I add onion I prefer it very finely chopped, I would rather add chives to the sauce*also a touch of oregano*and I am really fussy on how the sauce is made. So many people don't make the roux right and it tastes floury, starchy and just burrrk! You need to cook the flour thru, in the hot melted butter for at least a couple of mins before gradually adding the milk, add stir and heat, continue till all milk is mixed in. Add the good strong tasty cheese at the end, and stir just enough to melt the cheese thru. A secret tip is to always add cayenne pepper to the sauce. Also so many people can not cook pasta and boil the hell out of it so it's "gluey". I always do the cheese and crumb topping under the griller as well. Yummy!