Fail - homemade pasta in the breadmaker

mousetrapp, Aug 10, 8:21am
Has anyone successfully made pasta dough in a breadmaker. I tried today and the mixture turned to crumbs and alot of the flour was left in the corners. I used 2 eggs, 20 mls olive oil & 250gm (1 2/3 cups) of flour. Google says 1 egg per 100grams and no mention of oil so might try this tomorrow. Anyone have any other suggestions or know why the flour sat in the corners! (I know I could try making pasta by hand but this was another justification for buying a breadmaker!) TIA

bill241, Aug 10, 8:54am
The recipe we use at cook school has oil and also some water. I find that you haven't got a show of getting it to bind together without adding any water so I imagine that it would be the same story when something else is kneading the dough as well!

This is the recipe I use

1 egg + a yolk
2.5ml EV olive oil
pinch salt
200g hard flour
Add splashes of water until the dough binds.

beaker59, Aug 10, 10:30am
I don't have a breadmaker(cos I am one he he he) however I make my pasta in my food processor cup of flour 2 eggs splash of oil some salt and whizz it until it turns to crumbs then tip onto bench knead for a minute or two then wrap in gladwrap for 30 min before kneading again for a min then through the pasta machine faster and easier than making the sauce.

lythande1, Aug 10, 6:32pm
Breadmaker! 1 egg to 1 cup of flour, mix on the bench, takes about 10 minutes, why would you bother with the breadmaker!

nauru, Aug 11, 8:37am
I tried making it inmy breadmaker, I used 1 egg to each cup of flour and 1 tablsp oil. It turned out OK but it takes longer than doing it in the processor or by hand so not really worth the bother.

mousetrapp, Aug 11, 8:39am
Thanks bill and beaker - added a few teaspoons of water and and some salt - turned out great!