Roast beef in crockpot

chebat, Aug 9, 8:19pm
I always cook my roasts in the oven but will be easier today to do it in the crockpot, I've seasoned it do I need to add any liquid!

luckyduck, Aug 9, 9:02pm
I have just put one on and just covered the base with 1 cm of water,a couple of onions chopped and an oxo cube. Will cook on low until 6pm tonight. It usually turns out well with this amount of water.

fifie, Aug 9, 10:41pm
My way, turn C/pot on to high to heat up. Rub little oil all over meat then some crushed garlic S/pepper, OR sprinkle some of your fav meat rub on it. Heat frying pan up till hot brown meat all round. Place in C/Pot drizzle a little balsamic vinegar over it lid on and cook. Near dinner time remove meat cover with tin foil rest, make gravy with juices in a saucepan.

otterhound, Aug 9, 11:04pm
Yum fifie - that's my next crockpot roast!

pickles7, Aug 9, 11:19pm
Slow cooker,
Beef Pot Roast , rolled , boneless cuts.

Turn the slow cooker on high, add 2 Tbsp oil.
Heat a fry pan with a little oil
Fry
1 cut up onion
1 chopped carrot,
any other little bits and bobs you have,
stalks of broccoli, cauli, celery etc. maybe 1 cup all up
Put that into the bottom of the slow cooker
Sear the meat all over
Put the meat on top of the veg's
Add 1 cup of water to the frying pan to clean off all the drippings, add to the slow cooker
Sprinkle over
1 packet of soup mix, I use any that need to be used up.
[ a soup mix, this helps with making the gravy ]
Add salt and pepper, remember it is easier to add more, than to take salt out of a dish.
Turn the cooker onto Auto, close the lid and don't open it again until you can smell a delicious smell. lol.
I cannot tell you how long, to cook it, It would depend on the size of the meat, the cut of your meat, your slow cooker, so many variables.
Write down your times etc for future reference.
Cook from 4 to 6 hours. Even more if required
I remove mine when the internal temp is 160deg F, 71deg C.
It will be medium, juicy, tender.