Jennas Chocolate cake

kazadoh, Aug 7, 10:42pm
Anybody have the recipe please!

darkestangel1, Aug 4, 9:24am
Has anyone ever heard of this cake - and can give me the recipe please!

245sam, Aug 4, 10:17am
Here 'tis - found amongst my collection - this recipe was posted by jenna68 in reponse to a request from snowboard for a “No Fail chocolate Cake.One that is sure to rise - Anyone have a recipe, one that uses cocoa and not real choc would be best, as I don’t want to have to go buy anything.” -jenna said “snowboard, this one is a doozy - I already had a fav choccie cake until my SIL gave me this one and now my other one is in the bin.It’s a big cake - made it in a small roasting dish from the Warehouse ($4), measurements are 34cm x 23cm, and 4cm high - it was the perfect dish for this cake.This cake is very rich looking but not in its taste, it is not sickly sweet and is very fluffy".

CHOCCIE CAKE
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 cup milk
¾ cup cocoa
200g butter, softened
2 tsp baking soda
1½ tsp vanilla essence
½ tsp salt
3 cups flour
6 level tsp baking powder
1 cup boiling strong coffee (made with 2 tsp coffee powder)

Cream the butter and sugar, add the vanilla essence and eggs, and beat.Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa in into a bowl, dissolve the baking soda in the milk and make the coffee.Add all those ingredients to the creamed mixture, and beat with a hand beater until smooth. Tip the mixture into a greased and baking paper-lined tin.
Bake at160°Cfor30-60 minutes – “the reason for the varied time is my SIL said an hour but my oven is vicious and so mine only took 30 minutes.”Ice when cold.:-))