Freezing fish

rosebud68, Aug 6, 2:51am
Hi, I have just been given some fish tfillets that were bought on thursday and have been kept in the fridge.I already have dinner planned tonight so was wondering if it would be safe to freeze the fish now for use later or does it need to be used straight away due to it being 2 days in the fridge.Hoping it can freeze so I dont have to change dinner plans.:)
thank you

wildflower, Aug 6, 3:28am
I'd freeze it anyway as long as it still smells good.

illusion_, Aug 6, 3:29am
Use it tomorrow. Freezing now (and later thawing again) will deteriorate it's quality a lot more.

Next time buy or catch the day you are going to use it

rosebud68, Aug 6, 4:14am
thanks, I might do this.I usually do buy fresh to bake the same day or freeze them straight away but these ones were given to me by someone who bought them thursday and had these ones left over after dinner was cooked.Thats why I wasnt sure what to do with them.Thanks for advice everyone

rainrain1, Aug 6, 6:32am
Freeze it, it will be OK, just don't leave fish frozen for too long

anne1955, Aug 6, 6:35am
Yes freeze it had a husband a fisherman commercial one in days gone by and learnt a lot about fish as long as it has been kept cold it will be fine granted someone said quality isn't quite the same but really apart from frozen peas as far as I know most things loose some amount of quality when from.not worth wasting it and remeber to use it in the next month or so.