Has anybody got a good recipe whiten

walker18, Aug 4, 9:57pm
surgical stockings. I have to wear them every day and they are starting to go creamy colour.

bunny51, Aug 4, 10:10pm
canyou soak andwash them with napisan or something similar in a warm wash! (Or will teh napisan interfere with the elastic!

pickles7, Aug 4, 11:20pm
Why worry. We have a lot of lime in our water here in Hastings, that turns "white", grey.
I would hand wash them and dry inside, that could help. I wear compression sox in a beige shade, or black .

kinna54, Aug 5, 12:38am
If they are surgical stockings are they made of a nylon combination.! If so beware of bleach etc, as it will only yellow them and rot them. You could try washing them in Dynamo liquid, or persil ultimate,(that is what I wash white nylon soccer socks in and I use Very hot water, it works well,) or there is a product on the market that whitens curtain nets (sorry I can't remember the name of it) but it is really good although it has a very borax type smell. Good luck.

walker18, Aug 5, 12:32pm
Thank You for youe ideas.I am worried about ruining the elastic.I don:t know if they are nylon they take a long time to dry.

juliewn, Aug 6, 4:10am
Hi - is there a manufacturer's name on a tag on them. maybe there's a website for them that gives suggestions!