Using Lemon Honey in baking

anne1955, Aug 4, 8:05am
I looking for a biscuit tin filler using Lemon Honey, thought about wee tarts or the likes, I'm not great with pastry making but then can't afford to buy any ready made :(And I don't have a blender/mixer so something simple or a no fail pastry recipe please any nice Idea's not wanting a dersert as such just small stuff for the tins.thanks Anne

pam.delilah, Aug 4, 8:42am
lemon curd marble muffins , nice ones from River cottage
• 225g plain flour
• 2 tsp baking powder
• A good pinch of sea salt
• 100g caster sugar
• 1 medium egg
• 125g plain yoghurt
• 125ml whole milk
• 75g unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
• 150g lemon curd
1. Put 12 large paper cases into a muffin tray. Put the flour, baking powder, salt and caster sugar in a large bowl and whisk lightly to aerate and combine.
2. Mix the egg, yoghurt, milk and melted butter together in a jug. Pour them into the dry ingredients and mix lightly, stopping as soon as everything is combined - it's essential not to over-mix or you'll get dense, cakey muffins.
3. Spoon a some mixture into each muffin case and top with a generous ½ teaspoonful of lemon curd. Add a final spoonful of muffin mixture to encase the lemon curd and three-quarters fill the cases.
4. Bake in an oven preheated to 180°C/gas mark 4 for about 30 minutes until golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Eat on the day you bake them, ideally while still slightly warm.
variations
Variation: jammy muffins
Replace the lemon curd with your favourite jam, first beating it lightly to soften slightly. Thick, fruity jams work best - a strawberry jam containing whole strawberries is perfect.
Variation: chocolate marble muffins
Replace the lemon curd with 150g chocolate hazelnut spread (warm it gently first, so it's easier to marble).
Variation: fruity muffins
Replace the lemon curd with 1 large, or 2 small ripe bananas, thoroughly mashed; or 75g blueberries; or 75g stoned and halved cherries; or 75g raisins or other dried fruit, such as chopped dried apricots. Stir the fruit into the mixture lightly and quickly, just before piling into the cases.

pam.delilah, Aug 4, 8:46am
make these and fill with lemon curd
Gingernut cases

Ingredients:
1 packet of gingernut biscuits
Sit a gingernut, bottom side up, in each of the hollows of a muffin tray.Place the tray in a warm oven (about 100 degrees Celsius) for 3 to 5 minutes or until the gingernuts have softened enough for you to push them into the hollow with the base of a soup spoon.
Leave them to cool and harden again, in the muffin tin.
Fill the gingernut cases with your favourite filling.
Notes:
Depending on your preference you may wish to fill the cases just prior to eating so the cases are still crunchy or you might want to fill them earlier so the cases absorb some of the moisture from the filling and soften a little.

pam.delilah, Aug 4, 8:54am
mini shortbread cases
125g butter, 1 cup flour, 1/2 cup icing sugar, Place the 125g butter, flour and icing sugar into a food processor and mix until the pastry forms a ball. Divide into 16 pieces and press the pastry into the bases and up the sides of non stick (or well greased) mini muffin tins Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Bake 180 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Fill with the curd when cold

anne1955, Aug 5, 5:42am
Thanks people, pam.delilah I'll try the mini short bread cases tomorrow.I thought I might also try neenish tarts made with it!And just iced with the two icings!Might work I thought!Thanks Anne

marree, Aug 5, 6:08am
pam - filling ideas for the ginger cases please - custard maybe. I guess this would be a good way to make mini cheesecakes (rather than doing crumbled biscuit base).

pam.delilah, Aug 5, 6:38am
yes custard is great with fresh/tinned berries, whipped cream by itself or with strawberries or other berries/ fruit,chocolate or caramel mousse, set jelly, vanilla ice cream and would be nice with a unbaked cheesecake filling and caramel topped with marshmallow (soooo nice),

marree, Aug 5, 8:43am
yum - thanks!

horizons_, Aug 5, 10:44pm
Use in muffins. My mum usues lemon honey as a substitute for the butter or oil/eggs/sugar and adds zest for extra flavour. Also puts a dollop of honey in the middle. Very lemony and yummy. She doesn't have a specific recipe, just modifies a genric one.

popelka1, Aug 7, 1:08am
I got a good recipe:

1x large jar lemon curd
1x couch
1x blanket
a selection of DVD's
1x spoon

NUFF SAID! hehehe

wildflower, Aug 7, 4:13am
The lemon curd marble muffins sound great.I bought paper cases today, sick of my muffins carrying on cooking while I struggle of get them out of my so-called non stick pan!Should make the clean up a breeze too:)