Toffee apple self saucing pud!1

seniorbones, Aug 4, 5:47am
anyone have a recipe, I read it in a mag and thought I had kept aside to make tonight, now I cant find it!

dons14, Aug 4, 6:03am
APPLE CARAMEL SELF-SAUCING PUDDING

FOR THE PUDDING:1 cup (150g) self-raising flour,3/4 cup (165g) firmly packed brown sugar,20g butter, melted,1/2 cup (125ml) milk,1 apple, peeled, cored and finely chopped
FOR THE SAUCE,3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar,2 cups (500ml) boiling water,60g butter, chopped.
Preheat the oven to 180C and grease a 2 litre shallow oven-proof dish.
Combine the flour, sugar, butter, milk and chopped apple in a large bowl and mix well.Spread the mixture into the prepared dish.
For the sauce, combine all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat.Stir until the sugar is dissolved and the butter melted.
Pour the caramel sauce slowly over the back of a spoon over batter in dish.Bake in a moedate oven for about 40 minutes or until firm in the centre.

seniorbones, Aug 4, 6:08am
This sounds good but not quite the same, the apples were 8th'd and put in the bottom of the dish then the cake then the sauce so the sauce covered the apples like toffee.but its so close I will just chop the apples and put in the bottom instead of mixing with the batter.Thankyou.

seniorbones, Aug 4, 6:09am
oh I should have asked if you got this out of a magazine! maybe it was in the same one as I had, I had to spend all afternoon in the sun reading through my pile of recipes trying to find it :0)

dons14, Aug 4, 6:32am
I just googled it. Its from the Aussy woman's weekly I think. Sounds yummy, Im gonna give it a go over the weekend.

seaturtle, Aug 4, 9:01am
I have just seen that recipe in the latest TASTE magazine

kiwiscrapper1, Aug 4, 11:02am
no to both, I definately had it cut out of a magazine but not a recent one. but will check both of them on Monday when I'm back at work , but #2's recipewas delicous a bit too much liquid if I do it again I would maybe try with just one cup of water.