Underbench water heater instead of kitchen jug!

lindylambchops1, Aug 4, 1:49am
Anyone use one of these instead of an electric jug! What make & model is it! How much was it! Are they economical! Would love to hear your comments. TIA

lilyfield, Aug 4, 6:58pm
a friend of mine has one- but her coffee tastes awful because the water from thattap is never freshly run, and continuous on the boil,no thanks-not for me.Is it economical! No idea, probably not, like anythng that is always "on"

supercook, Aug 4, 8:50pm
We have insinkerator boiling water tap and filtered water tap. It is fantastic we love it best thing ever. Sadly we are looking at moving to Chch so we would miss it greatly. It would be the first thing I would install in new house in Chch.

lindylambchops1, Aug 5, 7:03am

lindylambchops1, Aug 5, 7:15am
Ah found that Insinkerator do one too

http://www.insinkerator.co.nz/aboutSHWT.aspx

miffycat1, Aug 5, 7:29am
we have one, it was expensive, around $1500.00 from Harvey Norman but we love it, always have boiling water & cold filtered water,& it takes the chlorine taste away which has been an added bonus.
Our neighbours & relatives fill up from our tap.
We only installed it in Febuary & as we are in the red zone we will be taking it with us.

supercook, Aug 5, 8:15am
Thats the one. You will not regret this purchase. My hubby is plumber so we purchased our from Plumbing merchants. Could ring around to find the best price.

lindylambchops1, Aug 6, 12:49am
Thanks miffycat1 & supercook hope to build again soon & definitely want one.Great to read your comments.

kumerakid, Aug 6, 3:23am
mum had one in her house years ago - it was a pain, - you could hear it boiling all the time, and the water tasted funny.

lindylambchops1, Aug 6, 3:50am
Hopefully they have come a long way since years ago, but thanks for your comment.

cat_sandcastle, Aug 6, 9:57am
We have the insinkarator (sp) love it love it love it. Its not that noisy! Pirchassed off here, $900,was still in its box :) love being able to make coffee almost instantly and we dont notice any taste diference.

lindylambchops1, Aug 6, 10:13am
It's not that noisy!!Under bench is it!I want a quiet one.Well done getting it on TM for $900.