Need a good steak in Auckland

matt-wgtn, Aug 2, 6:01am
Hi,any suggestions for where one can get a good steak in Auckland?Am staying near the airport but have a car and don't mind traveling for up 40 mins in any direction.Would appreciate any tips, thanks!

deus701, Aug 2, 6:33am
Jervois steak house...there's another one in some alley way downtown near showgirls.. the name escapes me at the momment

davidt4, Aug 2, 6:35am
The steak house in the alley is Angus Steak House.I haven't been there in years but it has quite a good reputation for its meat (not the vegetables or salads though).It would be half the cost of Jervois Steak House.

matt-wgtn, Aug 2, 10:22am
thanks folks

suzanna, Aug 2, 12:45pm
I was there last week and the chiller is filled with various cuts which you choose from and then have it cooked just the way you like it. I am very fussy with steak - no hesitation in sending it back if it's overcooked- but chef Tony knows how to cook a great steak. The steaks are enormousand I only managed half of my t-bone. Tuesday night and the place was very busy but as there were only two of us we didn't wait too long for a table, If I were to go back I would probably book and I would certainly book for a group..

matt-wgtn, Aug 4, 4:46am
Thanks Suzanna

jacky18, Aug 5, 1:27am
Lone Star .there is one in Manukau near motorway turn off they have a good website and daily deals or Cock and Bull- Botanytown centre would be closest for you Enjoy

mc134, Aug 5, 1:40am
Angus Steak House. Hands down thee place to go for steaks.

motorbo, Aug 5, 4:35am
is angus the one where you select ya meat raw! and has a wee upstairs area, if so then OMG GO GO GO best ever im gonna dribble thinking about my meal there!

deus701, Aug 5, 5:47am
I really like the nice salad selection at angus, but I do hate those people who contaminate the sauces (eg thousand insland streaks in mayonaise sauce)