Icing for choc fudge slice

missmoo4, Aug 1, 12:43am
i made choc fudge slice the other day, and iced it with the normal icing recipe from edmonds. it was way to runny, even though I did it about the same consistency as i would for icing a cake.
Any suggestions on a different recipe to use or ways to make it less runny?

rattiefan, Aug 1, 12:44am
i normally melt chocolate and make a gnash...it sets harder than normal icing and is yummy..

kinna54, Aug 1, 1:44am
A nice choccy topping for slices is to melt over a double boiler 200gms choc chips and 60gms kremelta, and simply pour over the slice. The kremelta helps to give the choc a "pouring" consistency. It sets quite firm like a hard choc similar to chocolate dip on ice cream, only makes quite a thick layer, absolutely yummy.

dbab, Aug 1, 2:16am
Ganache would still be spreadable before it sets firm. I don't particularly like the taste of Kremelta so I usually use a chocolate icing. I might try ganache next time though.

wildflower, Aug 1, 4:17am
I just melt chocolate without the Kremelta as I've never bought it for the small quantities I'd ever need.Whittakers of course;)

moggie57, Aug 1, 10:05am
melt a big block of cadburys black forest choc and spread it on....it is amazing!!!!!

wildflower, Aug 2, 4:07am
I've been buying Whittakers for ages but there is the odd Cadbury's flavour like black forest and rocky road I miss.Do they still taste the same as a few years ago though?