Wanting to make a creamy prawn sauce to serve

cherie19, Mar 21, 1:14am
on steak. Can you get a good result by using already cooked prawns, or should i be cooking the prawns myself.

homelygirl0011, Mar 21, 3:48am
Already cooked prawns, are tasteless, they lose there taste, when frozen. I usually just make, mushroom, and cracked peppercorn sauce. Creamy prawn sauce sounds nice, maybe make it withseafood dip mix.

miss-skyline, Mar 21, 6:52am
I tried this recently in australia my cousin is a chief... yes you can use frozen prawns. my cousin fried them in butter with fresh crushed garlic, she then added cooking cream until it reduces down and thickens, add a small amount of finely chopped parsley and poured over cooked porter house steaks... . yum

martine5, Mar 21, 8:10am
I would chop an onion, fry in olive oil add a finely chopped clove of garlic, a dribble of lemon juice, 2 good splash esmof white wine and half a cup of cream and some salt and pepper. Cook for a good few minutes until its reduced. Then I would add your raw prawns. Taste it make sure the prawns are cooked and the sauce is reduced and yummy and hey presto

pickles7, Mar 21, 11:24am
x1
shrimps are tastier for a sauce than prawns. I use cooked shrimp a little chopped celery and seafood sauce zapped for a few seconds in the mic. Mayo would be fine if you didn't have seafood sauce, just add a drop of chili sauce and a little tomato sauce.

vtired, Nov 21, 5:11pm
I use this recipe and it is fail safe and yummy, raw prawns add more flavour but cooked are okay as well, you just don't cook them as long.

Share this thread

Buy me a coffee :)Buy me a coffee :)