Cant seem to decide...have 2kgs of chicken breast

shaddowqueen, Jul 28, 4:41am
and i cant seem to think of anything great, iykwim. I was thinking apricot chicken but hubbys not a big fan and im feeling a little adventurous and like making something new. Hubbys not a big fan of tomatoes and the kids arent into chunky onion(i normally use onion powder to avoid the fights) so something that doesnt have massive chunks of onion would be good. There are 4 in our house, so im assuming a standard size recipe would suffice.So i though id ask on here if anyone had any recipes they love or could recommend?

valentino, Jul 28, 5:11am
Chicken Laska, will get at least 4 x 4adult serving meals with that amount of chicken.

fisher, Jul 28, 6:22am
I would slice them (butterfly) and place some cream cheese and prefried bacon slices and mushrooms inside..add some tarragon, rock salt and white pepper,pin together with wet toothpicks and roll in coat and cook and cook till nicely browned....turning when the time comes :}

shaddowqueen, Jul 28, 7:07am
Thank you fisher, that sounds yummy! think im going to go with that. And your recipes are always wonderful. Thanks too valentino i might try a laksa next week. Made green curry tuesday night so im thinking maybe not just yet,but its been awhile since ive made one,but a great idea.

happybaby, Jul 28, 7:46am
cut into bite-size , get some breadcrumbs & make some home-made nuggets.
Or sliced thinly & stir-fry chinese style (google)
Or dig out recipe books & give some of the untried dishes a go.

shaddowqueen, Jul 29, 4:41am
and i cant seem to think of anything great, iykwim. I was thinking apricot chicken but hubbys not a big fan and im feeling a little adventurous and like making something new. Hubbys not a big fan of tomatoes and the kids arent into chunky onion(i normally use onion powder to avoid the fights) so something that doesnt have massive chunks of onion would be good. There are 4 in our house, so im assuming a standard size recipe would suffice.So i though id ask on here if anyone had any recipes they love or could recommend!

fisher, Jul 29, 6:22am
I would slice them (butterfly) and place some cream cheese and prefried bacon slices and mushrooms inside.add some tarragon, rock salt and white pepper,pin together with wet toothpicks and roll in "coat and cook" and cook till nicely browned.turning when the time comes :}
One breast should suffice for the lady of the house and kids and two for hubby.nice side dishes to accompany.