Allergy Free recipes

h20freak, Jul 27, 8:35am
I have a 2yr old who is now only starting to eat solid food (instead of mushy food) who is allergic to Egg, peanut, Dairy, Soy & Wheat.

Anyone know of any websites which have Recipes where I can bake him muffins etc which are free of the above?

Thanks

h20freak, Jul 28, 2:02am
anyone??

evorotorua, Jul 28, 4:17am
I don't have any recipes but there is a great website called the manufactured food database. It has the different allergies listed and then you can sort through the foods you will find in the supermarket that will be appropriate. Obviously these are manufactured (packet) foods only and it still is important to read the labels well because they are constantly changing. A great place to start though.

h20freak, Jul 28, 8:35am
I have a 2yr old who is now only starting to eat solid food (instead of mushy food) who is allergic to Egg, peanut, Dairy, Soy & Wheat.

Anyone know of any websites which have Recipes where I can bake him muffins etc which are free of the above!

Thanks

frances1266, Jul 28, 9:53am
Try the glutenfreegoddess website, think her recipes would be suitable.
They get good reviews.Also Elana's Pantry would I think suit.

evorotorua, Jul 29, 4:17am
I don't have any recipes but there is a great website called the manufactured food database. It has the different allergies listed and then you can sort through the foods you will find in the supermarket that will be appropriate. Obviously these are manufactured (packet) foods only and it still is important to read the labels well because they are constantly changing. A great place to start though.

frances1266, Jul 29, 9:53am
Try the glutenfreegoddess website, think her recipes would be suitable.
They get good reviews.Also Elana's Pantry would I think suit.

moneekee, Aug 28, 2:56am
Hi my son is also allergic to all those things. When he first got diagnosed I feed him basically meat, veges and fruit. He seemed to like mashed potato or kumara with meat balls or meat patties(which I could hide the veges in if need be). I made chicken nuggets coated in cornflakes and he enjoyed cornflakes with rice milk or porridge in the morning topped with banana. Fish was always a meal he liked too and sushi aswell.Rice and couscous were the main staples he had with lunch and dinner. You coul make oat based slices with honey and sultanas through them. Luckily he can have eggs in baking now and has built up a tolerance to dairy, wheat and soy so can have some like pasta, bread and milk based sauces. Allergy New Zealand have some good recipes and there is a facebook link to connect you other families facing allergies with their children. Hope this helps