Anyway used a copper saucepan or pot?

agave1, Jul 25, 5:38am
They look beautiful, and are expensive.But, how do they perform?Are they worth investing in?What's so special about them?

rainrain1, Jul 25, 6:01am
She isn't copperbottoming it, she's aluminiuming it........

lilyfield, Jul 25, 9:39am

cookessentials, Jul 25, 7:20pm
Copper is THE best conductor of heat. They heat evenly and you get no hot spots. Husband wants computer as he is off to work, so I shall finish this when I get in to the shop

cookessentials, Jul 25, 10:16pm
The copper reacts very quickly to temperature changes, so you reduce the danger of food burning. Tinned copper is the best, with stainless steel lined coming second ( mainly because stainless steel is a poor conductor of heat, so it limits the effectiveness of the vessel somewhat) that is not to say that a stainless lined pan is bad, it is just that tin lined is the premium. You can get your copper pans re-tinned when required. The tinning is non toxic and makes the pan stick reistant. Copper is not porous, so it will not pit. It hardens with age and use which makes it last longer.
Becausae the heat distribution is so even, the base and the sides of the pan are heated evenly, so you get a consistent temp.

wildflower, Jul 26, 4:47am
My father bought a set of copper bottomed saucepans about 20 years ago and still using them, they weren't an expensive set to begin with either.

elliehen, Jul 26, 4:54am
I was given an expensive copper-bottomed pan for a gift, described as an 'omelette pan' but it was quite a chore to clean it, let alone polish it, so I passed it on eventually.

cookessentials, Jul 26, 4:58am
poster 1 is talking about all copper pans...that is my understanding anyhow.You can by them lacquered or unlacquered.

agave1, Jul 26, 5:38am
They look beautiful, and are expensive.But, how do they perform!Are they worth investing in!What's so special about them!

rainrain1, Jul 26, 6:01am
She isn't copperbottoming it, she's aluminiuming it.

wildflower, Jul 27, 4:47am
My father bought a set of copper bottomed saucepans about 20 years ago and still using them, they weren't an expensive set to begin with either.

elliehen, Jul 27, 4:54am
I was given an expensive copper-bottomed pan for a gift, described as an 'omelette pan' but it was quite a chore to clean it, let alone polish it, so I passed it on eventually.

cookessentials, Jul 27, 4:58am
poster 1 is talking about all copper pans.that is my understanding anyhow.You can by them lacquered or unlacquered.