New to crock pot

greenforde, Jul 24, 6:35am
Can i put braising steak and vegetables together and leave whilst Iam at work? or will the vetes overcook??Thanks

rainrain1, Jul 24, 6:45am
Cut your veges up small, they are more likely to be not cooked than cooked.

muppet65, Jul 24, 6:46am
absolutely thats the beauty of crock pot meals, bizarre I know to walk out the front door and leave it to do its thing, but it works, (I put large cubes of carrot, pumpkin, pototoes, kumera...(if adding onion, I find the smaller the pieces the better, makes the consistency nicer and the taste is smoother) my secret recipe I tinned tomatoes and marinate the meat over night using half a bottle of masterchef red wine or honey soy marinade but I add steamed brocoli and once its done because they cook quicker.

greenforde, Jul 24, 6:46am
Thanks a million.

greenforde, Jul 24, 6:50am
Yum looking forward to tomorrow night. Thanks

muppet65, Jul 24, 6:51am
not too small decent large cubes work best and soak up the wonderful juices

muppet65, Jul 24, 6:52am
Remember to come back and let us know how it works out

greenforde, Jul 24, 7:06am
Right

greenforde, Jul 24, 7:06am
Will do

kintama_80, Jul 24, 9:09am
If you have stuff that only needs a few hours rather than whole day, get a plug with a timer on so it can come on late morning and be ready after work.

janes12, Jul 24, 10:57am
Famiy Beef Stew:3 lge spuds, cut into eighths, 200g carrots cut in sm. pieces, 1 onion peel & slice, 3 Tbsp flour, 1kg chuck or blade cubed, 2tsp dry beef stock, 1 bay, 1 Tbsp soy sce, 1 Tbsp worster sce, 11/2c hot water, 250gfroz.peas thawed, 1-2 Tbsp c/flour mixed with 2 Tbsp water.
Preheat crock on high 20 mins. Arrange 1st 3 veg in pot.Toss meat inflour
so all coated .Place on top of veg. Sprinkle stock on meat and add all else (except peas) Cover and cook low/auto 9-11 hours or high 5-6. 30mins before serving turn to high, add peas. Stir. Add c/flour paste and stir.Cover, cook 30 mins.or till slightly thickened.Yum and easy.

greenforde, Jul 25, 6:35am
Can i put braising steak and vegetables together and leave whilst Iam at work! or will the vetes overcook!Thanks

greenforde, Jul 25, 7:51am
Thank you all - tonights dinner was yummy, tender meat and juicy vegetables.janes12 I will make your recipe next time..

muppet65, Jul 25, 10:38am
yahooooooo...happy cooking

greenforde, Jul 26, 7:51am
Thank you all - tonights dinner was yummy, tender meat and juicy vegetables.janes12 I will make your recipe next time.

madams11, Jul 27, 12:38am
Even better if you have a bread maker as well, do the crockpot thing and also make a loaf of break in your breadmaker, yum smells when you come home, and what an amazing dinner combination - especially since the weather of late is crap and so cold...just saying!

madams11, Jul 27, 12:39am
*bread

madams11, Jul 28, 12:38am
Even better if you have a bread maker as well, do the crockpot thing and also make a loaf of break in your breadmaker, yum smells when you come home, and what an amazing dinner combination - especially since the weather of late is crap and so cold.just saying!