Calling cookessentials!

Page 1 / 4
akd100, Jul 23, 2:51am
I'm buying a kitchen aid, but I can't decide between the cream and the black, help!!What do you think?I know it's a matter of personal preference, but I've gone from wanting red to pearl metallic to cream to black back to cream aghhh.I just don't know.

tinkagirl, Jul 23, 2:55am
Its a big decision and a costly one as well.I like the red myself but it all depends on your colour schem in the kitchen

akd100, Jul 23, 3:00am
Yeah the problem is I don't have a colour scheme as yet.I love the red, but thought it would be hard to match other colours.I love the black and will go with anything, but I'm worried its too bold.The cream is lovely too, but the opposite of the black I'm worried it will get washed away by being so light.

elliehen, Jul 23, 3:29am
Any black and shiny appliance looks dusty all the time...

cookessentials, Jul 23, 6:06am
Hi akd
I have sold the black and the red...none of the cream which is actually very nice. I originally wanted the pearl metallic myself, but not so sure,although it is lovely. Have you got one of the booklets? it gives you all the colour preferences. There are two versions of black...one is called caviar. What colours do you have in your kitchen? sometimes a nice accent colour is better than something that stands out too much. I have plenty of the catalogues if you want one.

akd100, Jul 23, 9:09am
The shop I'm laybying it at didn't have a spare catalogue at the time, but said when they get somemore I can have one not sure when that will be though.I've looked on the net but so hard to imagine without seeing it for real.I loved the pearl metallic and was sold on it but for some reason I changed my mind on it, it is lovely, but feel a colour as opposed to the metal look may be better long term.I don't have a kitchen colour scheme at present which is making it hard.

cookessentials, Jul 23, 10:04am
I am considering th chrome...it IS the dearer option, but I do have the chrome blender. I ordered extra ones which arrived a week or so ago.

seniorbones, Jul 23, 11:44am
I have red but nothing else in my kitchen is red still looks good, I got mine from cookessentials, I'm sure Pam would let you layby one and she also shipped mine for free!

skippie1, Jul 23, 10:26pm
Mine is dark blue, love it.

akd100, Jul 23, 10:30pm
I only heard of the chrome last week cookessentials, but I prob wouldn't have gone for that one anyway, I was sold on the red for so long, then changed to pearl metallic and didn't want anything else until I saw the cream one, then black then agghhh.Senior, I already have one on layby in my town as I had a voucher to go towards it.Skippie, do you feel it is too dark?Thats my concern with the black one.

shop-a-holic, Jul 23, 10:56pm
Not so, I'm afraid. Mines Black Onyx and shines all the time!! :-)

akd100, Jul 23, 10:59pm
The lady did say the black does show fingerprints?

cookessentials, Jul 23, 11:00pm
What about the cobalt blue? it is a rich blue, not quite navy, but very smart. The pearl metallic is really lovely, we have sold a few of that colour along with black, ice, empire red, apple green, boysenberry, candy apple red ( limited edition no longer available)

akd100, Jul 23, 11:08pm
I wasn't keen on the cobalt blue, no offence to anyone who has it, it just wasn't for me.It's between the cream and black and maybe red and pearl metallic lol.Ohh its so hard.

shop-a-holic, Jul 23, 11:19pm
It's very hard. Gordon has a black one in his home kitchen. Five Candy Red (Limited Edition) ones in his F Word kitchen. Heston Blumenthal has Boysenberry. Martha sticks to the whole metal (chrome ones).
It's so hard to choose, but I only stuck with black as it goes with everything, and I don't suffer from finger prints.

akd100, Jul 23, 11:23pm
Thats really good to know about the fingerprints.I like the idea of the black going with everything, I was just abit worried it might be too dark or bold.But I love the depth of it, and the fact that you can put any colour with it.

shop-a-holic, Jul 23, 11:26pm
Correct! You can change anything in your kitchen, but the black (or white) is dateless.

akd100, Jul 23, 11:31pm
I still love the red tho!But I don't have a lot of red so prob be harder to match.But the cream was lovely too.And could match anything with that too, but I'm worried it won't stand out.Cos it's such a beautiful unit, I want it to be seen.

elliehen, Jul 23, 11:41pm
Now you've shown me up ;)

shop-a-holic, Jul 23, 11:42pm
{Hugs}

akd100, Jul 23, 11:45pm
The black onyx has the specks through it? Or is that the caviar?

cookessentials, Jul 24, 12:38am
The ice is lovely....very retro

akd100, Jul 24, 12:39am
Is that the light blue?

firemansgirl, Jul 24, 1:17am
Having spent a load of money on a Magimix I can't afford to also buy a KitchenAid so will be buying a Kenwood Chef BUT... if I could, I'd go for this; http://www.kitchenaid.com/content.jsp?sectionId=482

akd100, Jul 24, 3:00am
Pink is my favourite colour, and I looked at this for a really long time in the window yesterday lol but I need something that will go with other things.