Lost icecream recipe please help

karlachikkidy, Jul 21, 3:29am
I had a recipe when I got my icecream machine, it had very basic ingreds - can of condensed milk, 300mlk bottle cream and 2 other ingreds and cant for the life of me remember it.They all got mixed together, chilled and then poured into the machine.If anyone has it please share id love to make icecream again without the long recipes

brider385, Jul 21, 3:39am
sugar and vanilla essence

wahinetoa62, Jul 21, 3:57am
does anyone know the ice cream recipe that uses powered custard mix for an easy ice cream? it was in mary berry easy dessert recipe book but I have lost the book over the past years of moving house...

indy95, Jul 21, 4:57am
Karlachikkidy, I can vaguely ( very vaguely these days, it seems ) remember an ice cream recipe using cream and condensed milk and just a small amount of alcohol and some flavouring as the only other ingredients. I'm not sure whether I still have it but will check and post it if I have.

indy95, Jul 21, 7:44am
This is another of those recipes which I think I probably cut out of The Listener a long time ago.

300 ml cream
3/4 can sweetened condensed milk
4 t instant coffee
About 1 T alcohol ( rum, Grand Marnier, Cointreau, whisky or your choice or just leave out if you don't want to use alcohol )

Whip cream until it starts to thicken then add the condensed milk slowly while continuing to beat. Add the coffee and alcohol and mix thoroughly. Pour into a plastic container, cover and freeze for at least 12 hours.

Vanilla, melted chocolate or chocolate drops or frozen berries could be used to flavourthe ice cream instead of coffee.

dbab, Jul 21, 7:52am
I just beat a 600ml bottle of cream and then beat in a can of condensed milk. I add maple syrup and a dash of vanilla, but it's nice with crushed fruit too, or any other flavouring you like.
No need for an icecream maker. It freezes nice and creamy.

indy95, Jul 21, 7:56am
That sounds really good too, dbab. With the maple syrup you could also add some chopped toasted walnuts.