Sunbeam Oskar Professional Food Processsor

infinityjrc, Jul 18, 7:35am
Hi there has anyone used one of these, and could tell me if they thought it was good or not?It is a direct drive model which are supposed to be good and generates over 1000 watts of power.Does anyone have access to consumer to see whether or not they have tested this model or could they tell me which models came out the best in their trials please, I tried to get on when consumer was free a couple of weeks ago and could not get access despite passwords etc.If anyone can help I would be grateful looking for a good gutsy, versatile processor good for doing small and larger mixes and not too many attachments but not one valued at over $500.....Thanks

stoats, Aug 8, 9:31am
I have had one of these for nearly 20 years & wouldn't be without it, my daughter also has one she was given for a wedding present about the same time & she is worried what to do if it breaks down, however I have found another breville one which is very good but still wouldn't swap my Sunbeam Oskar for anything. cheers

klc1, Aug 8, 10:20am
Magimix was rated number one by Consumer,you can get a compact version for just under $500.

gardie, Aug 8, 6:39pm
I also brought a sunbeam Oskar 22 years ago and used it in our cafe for a couple of years but it finally gave up the ghost after a very busy life (it was only a domestic model).My mum brought one about 20 years ago and her's is still going.It didn't get such a hard life lol.I haven't been able to find them but would buy one in a flash - the shape of the bowl (if its still the same) meant that it mixed, chopped etc perfectly everytime.I have a magimix which I do not like much.It labours and the squareness at the bottom of the bowl means I have to stop and mix things to ensure they are all mixed/chopped in.When I went looking for one about 8 years ago, I was told that they stopped making them so I read your thread with interest.Where did you see them infinityjrc!I'd love to go look too.