Venison burgers

kiwiscrapper1, Jul 16, 5:39am
Just spent all afternoon chopping mincing bagging venison!! a nice recipe for venison burgers if anyone would have one please or just an idea of what spices go nice in the mince. TIA

rainrain1, Jul 16, 8:59am
Here is a Venison Mince Patties recipe if it is any good to you

400g can crushed pineapple
750 g venison mince
1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
1 small onion chopped
2 Tblsp soy sauce
2 Tblsp tomato sauce
1 Tblsp oregano
2 eggs lightly beaten
Drain pineapple and combine with other ingredients.Make into patties or place whole in a loaf tin and bake 180dC for 1 hour.
Cool completely before removing from tin

beaker59, Jul 16, 9:57am
I find you need to add fat to Venison mince so add about 1/ as much minced fatty pork then any recipe works better.

nauru, Jul 16, 10:31am
I find that Venison patties are fine without any added fat.My recipe is similar to rainrain but I don't add pineapple and add plum sauce instead of tomato sauce.I cook them on med heat and they cook up well and are not dry, very good served with plum sauceon the side too.

gojojo2, Jul 16, 10:36am
Oh please, please, please do tell where I can purchase venison mince from? Sounds divine!

beaker59, Jul 16, 11:09am
Agree on the plum sauce for sure I also use plum jam. Added fat just brings out the flavour and moistens specially if well done which my wife prefers.

vtired, Jul 16, 11:31am
My venison patties are: Venison mince, 1 clove garlic crushed, finely diced red onion(sm), mixed herbs 1/2 tsp, Plum sauce, breadcrumbs and two eggs to bind, s and P. Cook over med heat until only just cooked.

seniorbones, Jul 17, 5:32am
just made a 'normal' recipe but found them a bit strong, as in gamey taste. The legs hung for 5 days so hope that was long enough.But have some mix left and will try the plum sauce in them this time.

seniorbones, Jul 17, 5:33am
sorry didnt buy it my son shot it and then cut it up and bagged it all at my house then I minced some so he left us with some steak, mince and stewing steak which I will use tomorrow.

nauru, Jul 21, 4:36am
I get mine from Countdown, it's prepacked, can't remember the supplier.