Spongy pud question

raewyn64, Jul 15, 11:53pm
Hi all
I am wanting to make some spongy puds for during the week - something like a self sauce choc pud and a golden syrup pud, rubarb sponge etc as puds at this time of the year are nice to have. But I want to make them all at once for a week supply and freeze them down in individual containers.

So my question is how far do I cook them before freezing them?I have plastic containers with lids that freeze and microwave so when I want the pud I will heat it in the microwave but I don't want it to be too dry because it was already cooked through before freezing. If you understand what I am meaning.
Any suggestions would be really appreciated as always.
Thansk in advance
Raewyn

lx4000, Jul 16, 1:06am
I would cook them up, then put them into containers then zap them just before serving. If your worried about going a bit dry, spray a bit of water over them before zapping them.

Then you can serve with ice cream, cream and custards:)

nauru, Jul 16, 10:56am
I make mine in muffin tins, bake and then freeze, I find that they are just the right size for puddings. I zap 30 secs in MWand they are fine, not dry.

gojojo2, Jul 16, 10:59am
Can you post your recipe please?

dbab, Jul 18, 12:20am
Check my thread for Jo Seagars banana sticky date pudding too. It's great

margyr, Jul 18, 12:32am
if you google golden syrup dumplings and make them you could freeze them individually with the sauce, they are yummy and very easy to make.

raewyn64, Jul 18, 6:44am
thanks everyone for the tips

fifie, Jul 18, 7:05am
i Make butterscotch pud with a caramel sauce,can add dates to it for variety, and a gooey sticky rich chocolate pud with a chocolate sauce, the magical orange cake is a good one also with a orange sauce, in crock pot then cut it into serving size segments with sauce and freeze ( in my case enough for 2) thaw out and zap spoon sauce over top and serve with icecream etc and they are great for winter.

nauru, Jul 19, 7:03am
An old recipe.....4 oz butter, 4 oz sugar, 4 oz SR flour, 2 eggs.Cream butter & sugar ubtil creamy, add 1 egg at a time and beat well.Fold in sifted flour.1/2 fill well greased muffin tins and bake @ 180C for 12-15 minutes.
Sometimes I add 1/2 cup of one of the following coconut, sultanas, choc chips, or 1 cup frozen blueberries or chopped apple + pinch cinnamon. If making chocolate ones replace 2 tablsp flour for same of cocoa & add with flour.