Crunchy roast potatoe

camper16, Jul 15, 5:15am
how do you get roast pototoes crunchie ?can anyone help

kiwifidget, Jul 15, 5:30am
I cant help, mine never come out crunchie.

wasgonna, Jul 15, 5:42am
Boil for 5 minutes, drain, throw into hot oven dish with hot dripping and roast on high temp (180-200c). Oil if you're that way inclined.

bananna15, Jul 15, 5:49am
i peel and chop mine in half.then drizzle a little bit of melted butter over them and roast for an hour on 180C or until my meat is cooked.they are always crunchy and yummo

gjnalm, Jul 15, 5:55am
You MUST par boil them for at least 5 minutes (I recommend 10), then drain, jiggle the potatoes in the pot so they rub against each other, coat with whatever you like, olive oil, etc, some salt and a hint from Nigella Lawson you can put semolina on them to coat them.Then roast in the oven.We had them like that last night and I got heaps of compliments.
Also some potatoes are better then others for this, my favs are maris anchors

carriebradshaw, Jul 15, 6:12am
Par boilthe potatoes and then cook ineither duck or goose fat.

ange164, Jul 15, 7:05am
Time, heat and fat. Take a fist sized peeled spud and cut it into quarters. Chuck them in the roasting pan (roasting at around 180 Celsius or a bit more) round side of the spud down (in with the roast or in a dish of their own in about 3ml of oil/dripping some such). Throw them in about 45 mins to an hour before the roast is due to come out. After 15 - 20 mins turn them over so a nice wide flat side is down. Then leave them alone for the remaining 30 mins or so. That flat side should then go crisp and brown in the meat juices and fat *Unless*, there is too much juices/water coming out of the meat because then you essentially just get boiled potatoes. In that case use a separate dish along side roast with it's own fat. It won't get the same flavor, but should still crisp up.
Oh, and use a spud thats good for roasting/baking/mashing, agria is a common one.

nfh1, Jul 15, 7:10am
Par boil for 5 minutes. Drain and sprinkle with salt, pepper or any spice, seasoning you fancy and put in hot oven.I do not use fat at all.

fisher, Jul 15, 7:15am