Toasties for tea

Page 1 / 2
angel_25, Jul 15, 4:02am
what do u like to put in your toasties??? I like ham, cheese,onions,and a wee bit of garlic.

wildflower, Jul 15, 4:05am
Creamed corn and finely chopped onion (but not too much or it overpowers the corn) or mashed banana.Leftover mince is good too.

angel_25, Jul 15, 4:10am
i love corn will have to try it..thanks

pearly32, Jul 15, 4:16am
bacon in egg is my fav at moment!!!!

smchkn, Jul 15, 4:18am
Creaed corn and cheese mmmmmmm

charlieb2, Jul 15, 4:20am
ham, creamed corn and cheese
or
ham, tomato and cheese.

Mr wouldnt be happy if I gave him toasties for tea though.. *sighs*

angel_25, Jul 15, 4:39am
they all sound good..Mr eats pretty much any thing i give him,but in the end i go to all the trouble of cooking every night for the family so i get to pick whats for tea,if he doesn't like it he can make his own tea :) he's just happy that its not him cooking lol

camper16, Jul 15, 5:12am
left over shreaded roast chicken , mayonase, and cheese mmmmmm , yummy , me and the kids always have this .....

otterhound, Jul 15, 5:21am
Same here, ortinned salmon and cheese.

lx4000, Jul 15, 10:04pm
my 2 favs are creamed corn and tinned mushrroms or fresh! Or onion, spags and cheese!mmMmm

huntlygirl, Jul 15, 10:15pm
Steak, onion and sweet fruit chutney then cover with worchester sauce, yummy.

dwyn5, Jul 15, 11:39pm
Just edam cheese and Branston pickle for me.oooooh! yum! it is nearly lunch time!

daleaway, Jul 16, 1:02am
Ham, a sprinkling of cheese and a pineapple ring. You could add a slice of tomato as well.

charlieb2, Jul 16, 1:09am
haha, oh yeah, mine would eat it too, without complaint.... but he'd be fossicking in the cupboards all night afterwards, lol

shellz213, Jul 16, 1:12am
Leftover mince and cheese ..... yummy ...... I think that's our dinner tonight.
Cheese and pineapple being the runner up.

charlieb2, Jul 16, 4:06am
lol, we have a little machine that makes toasties like that... its lunch for him!

smileeah, Jul 16, 4:11am
Saw a man making toasties on telly last night that looked yummy - sliced fresh mozzarella cheese, oven dried tomatoes and chopped fresh basil, grilled in a frypan. He also made one with fried diced bacon then after grilling added mayo mixed with basil, tomato and lettuce. Both looked yummy.

angel_25, Jul 19, 2:49am
Saw a man making toasties on telly last night that looked yummy - sliced fresh mozzarella cheese, oven dried tomatoes and chopped fresh basil, grilled in a frypan. He also made one with fried diced bacon then after grilling added mayo mixed with basil, tomato and lettuce. Both looked yummy...

yum will have to try that next time i think...

eastie3, Jul 19, 4:10am
Cheese,thinly sliced red onion and Anatoth beetroot chutney.

soph001, Jul 19, 4:17am
Leftover chicken, cranberry sauce, cream cheese & grated cheese.

elliehen, Jul 19, 5:12am
I've got a triple one like that and use it on the embers of my logfire :)

ruby19, Jul 19, 5:55am
cheese & mushrooms with a sprinkle of paprika

eastie3, Jul 19, 7:44am
Werethey called Jiffy pies elliehen?I have vague memories from my childhood of a gadget that opened out to be filled,was used over a fire and cooked toasties.

janny3, Jul 19, 1:23pm
Puffy Cheese/Egg/Homemade Tomato relish on toast under the grillhttps://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1372173473967&set=o.232052495268&type=1&theater

kob, Jul 19, 7:46pm
hehe just seeing that picture brought back memories, Sundays nights were my dads night to cook and we used to have two of those cast iron toastie machine that you either heated on the element and his teas used to consist of 1 bakedbean & egg toastie and one egg toastie that was sunday nights tea or we had 1/2 cooked goowy pancakes and icecream yummo memories