Meal ideas for a family ranging 3yo to 84yo

pukus, Jul 10, 9:31am
Hi there, my partner and I are in our 30s and we have 3 young children aged 3, 5 and 7yo ... we also have our family friend living with us who is 84yo ... I am tired of cooking the meat mashed spud and two or three vege meals that I know will suit everyone in our little (well, not so little) family ... anyone got any great recipe ideas they're happy to share? obviously nothing too spicy (altho I'm CRAAAAVING a hot red curry!) aagh!

cgvl, Jul 10, 10:49am
Do a mild sweet curry for family and spice it up for yourself,
Ask the 84y old if there is anything they wont eat, like rice and pasta, think you will find they may be ok with pasta as a meal.
A cheese souffle (can substitute fish eg salmon or tuna for the cheese), with a salad
Fish pie, the same. Food in a minute (I think) have one using a tin of condensed pumpkin soup thats nice.
Cottage/shepherds pie with the potato on top and lots of veg inside.
My elderly parents quite like chinese type meals (stir fry) for a change.
Crumbed fish (buy fresh) or roll fresh fish in seasoned flour and pan fry serve with home made wedges and salad.

kuaka, Jul 10, 7:50pm
rice risotto, sweet and sour pork, chicken satay, beef and black bean sauce.I used to be a cook at an old folks home and found that this type of mean were acceptable once in a while.Mostly they still preferred their meat, potato and 3 veg, but would eat something different as long as it wasn't "too" different, nor too hot and spicy.

ruby19, Jul 10, 9:52pm
What about chicken parmigania (sp) Lasagne, Hearty soups with homemade scones, curries are always good make a butter chicken most kids like that, and perhaps make a hotter one for your selves, or a korma which is milder

suie1, Jul 11, 12:04am
Sophie Gray has great meal ideas that are family friendly & economical but not boring. http://www.destitutegourmet.com/index.php here is the link for her website:)

suie1, Jul 12, 10:31am
bumping for OP