How long after expiry could you keep cream cheese?

jojo76, Jul 9, 4:34am
If it is un-opened how long after the expiry would it be ok? Im going away on holiday and have one due to expiry 15th July.
Im back on the 24th and will make something with it then, just wondering if it will be OK? Cheers

245sam, Jul 9, 4:48am
jojo76, an alternative is to freeze the cream cheese but honestly, if it has been kept refrigerated, your cream cheese should be absolutely ok to use when you return.If you choose the option of freezing the cream cheese a perfect use for it at some later date is this.....

HERB AND TWO-CHEESE BREAD
250g (8oz) cream cheese, softened
2 tbsp margarine
1 tbsp sugar
2 eggs
½ cup milk
1½ cups (170g/6oz) grated tasty cheese
1 tbsp green onion slices
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
¾-1½ tsp Italian seasoning
¼ tsp salt

Beat the cream cheese, margarine and sugar in a large mixing bowl at medium speed with an electric mixer until well blended. Add the eggs and milk; mix well.
In a large bowl combine the dry ingredients, then add the cheese and onions and toss them through. Add the cream cheese mixture, mixing just until moistened – the mixture will be very thick. Place the mixture into a greased and floured 22∙5cm x 12∙5cm (9”x5”) loaf pan.
Bake at 180°C for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes, then remove from the pan and allow to cool completely.
This loaf cuts best if made a day ahead.
I find that this recipe is also a great way to use previously frozen cream cheese.

Hope that helps - enjoy your holiday and keep safe, warm and well.:-))

jessie981, Jul 9, 5:01am
Put into your freezer

sarahj1, Jul 9, 5:19am
If it is still sealed should still be fine when u get back

cgvl, Jul 9, 5:29am
I've had cream cheese a month past its best before date, it does seem to keep well.

retired, Jul 9, 6:07am
I have kept it in the freezer, no problems.