Gluten dairy free recipe for breadmaker

tomodew, Jul 8, 11:58pm
does anyone have a good recipe thats not too hard to follow as a newbie with a breadmaker. needs to be both gluten and dairy free please

sprockey73, Jul 9, 12:29am
I make this one for my boy who is wheat/dairy free, it has no gluten in it
480ml water
1/3 c oil (canola/sunflower)
3 medium eggs
1 t white vinegar

1 c brown rice flour
1 c white rice flour
1 c arrowroot or tapioca flour
1/2 c besan (chick pea) flour or soya flour
1/2 c white or brown rice flour
2 T sugar
1 T xantan gum
1 t salt
2 t yeast

I put the water in first with the yeast, then sift all my dry ingrediants togeather twice in a bowl, then add oil, eggs and vinegar to water and yeast and have a stir, then add dry ingrediants and mix a little and then bake on a rapid bake ( my rapid bake is 2 hrs).About 5 - 10mins into the kneading (don't turn off machine) with a spatula mix to ensure all wet and dry ingrediants are combined and scrape down sides.Test dough by lifting some on spatula.Dough should fall slowly from spatual.If too thin add 2-4 T of rice flour, if too thick add 1 - 3 T of water.It should look like a thick cake mix or stiff mashed spuds.
I have been making this for about 6 months now and haven't had a failure and it would be the nicest gluten free bread I have tried.
Good Luck

tomodew, Jul 10, 9:58am
you listed brown or white rice flour twice?? accident?

herika, Jul 12, 9:00pm
Just a wee note: not all yeast/white vinegar is gluten free (the yeast with the red lid has gluten in it) and if you suffer from diarrhoea the Xanthum gum can make it worse.

tomodew, Jul 15, 8:59am
really herika?... white vinegar?.. dam ive been having it on chips since most sauce is a no no!! I got gluten free yeast from binn inn today with some GF flour and xanthum gum (ill try it and see) but lady there was very duh about a recipe for breadmaker. herika I have asked for a offer/relist on ya book... hopefully theres something in there i can use.

sprockey73, Aug 6, 11:00pm
No accident