Breville Slow and Fast Cooker?

dbab, Jul 6, 12:11am
Does anyone have any experience with these?. It seems to me to be a good combination of slow cooker and pressure cooker.

carl-van-essen, Jul 6, 1:03am
This makes interesting reading.
Someone here absolutely recommends it.
http://www.taste.com.au/forums/viewtopic.php?p=297198&sid=515f8906f72ec51d5e67647298fdb9b8
I've been thinking about getting a slow cooker for a while, unfortunately 200 AUD is a bit much. I like that it doubles as a slow cooker and pressure cooker.

dbab, Jul 6, 3:32am
It's on special at Noel Leemings this week for $187 plus you get a free cookbook.

lindylambchops1, Jul 6, 4:13am
I can speak from experience it is BRILLIANT!I use it every day.Today corned beef slow cooking.Yesterday pressure cooked chicken casserole.Great that you can saute.Slow cook, pressure cook, keeps things warm too.Have done lots of things curries, rice dishes to name but a few.Worth every dollar I paid.

meegs35, Jul 8, 9:46am
I just got one of these with my fly buys points and so far so good. My main issue with it is that the slow cooker only has a low function so the rice pudding I make all the time (or did), may not be do-able anymore as it was cooked on high. As well as that it isn't easy to lift the lid and check the progress or add anything in. However I think I will be more of a pressure cooker user rather than a slow cooker so it shouldn't be too much of an issue. So far I have made a Bolognaise risotto and a lamb curry both of which were delicious.

skye7, Jul 10, 9:27am
I have this pressure cooker and have not used the slow cooker function. My husband brought it for me and I think the sales lady saw him coming, but all credit to them (hubby and sales lady) I love the pressure cooker and really don't have plans to use a slow cooker again. The food from the pressure cooker is incredibly tasty.

dbab, Jul 10, 11:03pm
I made a beef casserole on Saturday nightin 20 minutes. It is so useful to have the ability to saute/brown the meat and vegetables first.It was also great to be able to use that once the casserole was cooked, to thicken it with a little cornflour. I've given my slow cooker to my son so that I can fit this new cooker in my cupboard.

retired, Jul 11, 1:18am
My son and his partner bought one.They thoroughly recommend it.