What side dishes to cook with Salmon Fillets?

louie221, Jul 5, 9:57pm
I am quite often stuck with what to cook with our salmon fillets, your ideas would be much appreciated.

blyme_jerv, Jul 5, 10:12pm
spanakopita would be nice

davidt4, Jul 5, 11:25pm
Salmon is oily and strong flavoured, so something light is the best accompaniment.I often serve a Greek salad (cucumber, red onion, tomato, feta, mint, oregano) or a tomato and onion salad.Green beans, asparagus, broccoli or sugar snaps are all good - boil until tender and dress with olive oil.

buzzy110, Jul 6, 12:43am
I like Chinese style vegetables with salmon. Bok choy is my first choice but I also like to cut vegetables into large chunks - carrot, baby onion, button mushroom, cauliflower, broccoli, leeks, red capsicum, etc, and stirfry in oil then instead of adding a small amount of stock and putting the lid on to steam for a minute or two, I add in the juice of a lemon with about a tablespoon of water instead. The fresh lemony flavour of the fresh, crunchy, but cooked veg, are the perfect foil for salmon.

Watercress salad is also another favourite with salmon.

Salmon is also nice with a fresh homemade pesto.

marcs, Jul 6, 3:17am
Couscous is a favourite in our house with salmon or mashed potatoes.

garfeild101, Jul 6, 3:21am
mashed kumera with orange juice in it-just like the restaurants do and sum greens =) and maybe a mango salsa on it was chopped up mango, red onion and sweet chilli sauce-yummy

jessie981, Jul 6, 3:36am
I find coleslaw or similiar are good as it combats the oiliness.

louie221, Jul 8, 9:30pm
YUm Thanks