Cleaning kitchen terracotta containers

infinityjrc, Jul 4, 9:42am
Hi there i have a nice set of kitchen containers that are not dirty but have some odd marks on them I just wondered how i can clean them to look pristine again?Is there anything that would take out the odd finger marks etc, given they are tea coffee and sugar they are being handled alot, but i do like them and they seal well.

elliehen, Jul 4, 11:51am
Jif?Fine sandpaper?

cleo444, Jul 5, 12:43am
Try soaking them in a solution of warm water and white vinegar for half an hour - use quite a lot of vinegar and putthem out in the sun to dry.

winnie231, Jul 5, 12:57am
What about one of those magic white sponge/eraser things? They sell them by the checkouts at Mitre10.
Sorry for the vague discription - don't know what they're called.

ali88, Jul 5, 1:22am
Our cat vomited on our beige carpet, I covered it with baking soda then cleaned it off the following day, then I vacuumed and went over it with my steam mop. The stain has not gone, so I rubbed sard wonder soap and rubbed it with water, then when it was dry went over it again with the steam mop and still the stain remains there.
What else can I do, can anyone help me please ? to make matters worse it is right in the middle of the floor!

elliehen, Jul 5, 11:00am
I checked that thread and tried white vinegar on bunny blood (cat ate a baby bunny on my carpet) but it left a brown stain which I haven't as yet done further work on...

hezwez, Jul 5, 8:29pm
Did you try the Vanish Frend power shot that was recommended?