Rolled & stuffed lamb roast

vintagekitty, Jul 3, 10:08pm
I have a couple of these for dinner. Ive never bought them before, its a round piece of lamb with stuffing inside, I was thinking crockpot?, would that work ok?

petal1955, Jul 3, 11:24pm
Well I personally would roast in an oven bag then about 20 mins before the end of cooking open up the bag and let the skin crisp up

fifie, Jul 3, 11:36pm
Yep can do in C/pot. Rub a little oil over meat with crushed garlic S/Pepper.Brown in a hot frying pan sealing all sides.Put a upturned saucer or bread and butter plate in the bottom of C/Pot inner sit your browned meat on top (this keeps it raised up out of the fat as they put out a fair bit in cooking.) Drizzle a little balsamic vinegar OR red wine vinegar over top lid on and cook. Near dinner time lift out and rest covered with tin foil.

vintagekitty, Jul 3, 11:47pm
Dont have any oven bags and have already braved the supermarket once today, so will try fifie's method. They look ok, prob all the meat glue holding them together!

fifie, Jul 4, 12:00am
Watch they don't overcook and fall to bits if your using a slow cooker, when i do them i always use crock/pot as they are not so hot and fast in the cooking. Another tip with them is cook today, tomorrow slice when cold make up some gravy put slices meat and gravy in oven proof dish and bake in oven till bubbling and hot, much easier to slice this way.