Chicken Pieces

skata, Jul 2, 11:34pm
Can someone pls give me a tasty recipe for my chicken pieces.Maybe a casserole type thing?

rchelley, Jul 3, 12:01am
This one is really nice (and its easy too!)

Country Captain Chicken Casserole....
12 chicken pieces (bone in)
1/2 c flour
3-4 T oil
1 large onion, sliced
1 clove garlic, sliced
1 red or green pepper, sliced
1 T brown sugar
2 t curry powder (or 1 tsp if you have curry sensitive kids like mine)
1 t salt
1/2 t thyme
1 can (425g) whole tomatoes
1/4 c currants

Coat chicken with flour. Heat oil in frypan and brown pieces over high heat. Remove from pan.

Lower heat, add onion, garlic and green pepper. Cook for 2-3 mins without browning, then replace chicken pieces in pan, skin-side down. Add sugar, curry powder, salt, thyme and roughly chopped tomatoes and juice. Cover and cook over a low heat for 15 mins. Turn the chicken, add the currants and cook for a further 10-15 mins, or until the juices run clear.

skata, Jul 3, 12:28am
Thanks rchelley, sounds nice, will give it a try.I like "easy".

pickles7, Jul 3, 12:33am
Chicken piece's
mmm this is so yummy soak your chicken in this.1 liter of water 1 Tablespoon of salt 1/8Th cup of light brown sugar 1 clove of crushed garlic a little rosemary, I soaked mine from frozen for 6 hours, then roasted them in the oven. dry before putting in the oven use a little bit of oil in the pan.

kiwibubbles, Jul 3, 12:49am
that country captain chicken is one of my favourite recipes - its delish!!!!

bantamus, Jul 3, 2:34am
I throw chicken peices into my slow cooker, with a can of soup (always bulk buy when they go for $1) and then dice up whatever fresh veg or throw in chunky frozen veg. Put it on at lunchtime, done beautifully by dinner time. Cans of soup depends on taste, cream mushroom, pumpkin, pea & ham, vegetable, cream of chicken. The thicker ones just need a bit of water (half a can). Can be done in an hour and half in an oven too. As our kids hate pulling meat off bones and end up wasting, l pull the meat off about half an hour before serving. Another variation is can of apricot juice, puree a can of apricots and shake over a packet of french onion soup; this one though has become more expensive with the cost of apricot juice now days.

spongeypud, Jul 3, 10:34pm
I know it's a bit late, but just in case anyone wants an easy recipe for chicken
(you can use drums if you want as well).

Chicken Thighs With Mushrooms, Peas And Lemon

3 Tbls olive oil
6 chicken thighs (bone in)
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
finely chopped zest and juice of 1 lemon
1 carrot diced small
250g button mushrooms (can cut them in half if you like)
1 Tbls flour
2 cups chicken stock
1 cup frozen peas
salt and finely ground black pepper

Heat the oil over a moderate heat and brown the chicken thighs all over. Remove them from the heat and reserve. Add the onion, garlic, lemon zest, carrot and mushrooms to the pan. Fry gently until the onion is soft, and lightly browned. Sprinkle the flour over everything and mix well for a couple of minutes to cook the flour. Add the stock and mix well. Add the thighs back to the pan and bring to the boil. Simmer for 15-20 minutes until the chicken is cooked and the sauce has thickened a little. Add the peas and lemon juice and bring to the boil. Boil 4 minutes, taste and season.