Cooking fresh salmon recipes

jessie981, Jun 19, 3:34am
majority on here say to use Lime juice. i haven't cooked before so can I just season, put adribble of oil on top, wrap in tinfoil & bake in oven or is it better pan fried?

scarlettnz, Jun 19, 4:13am
Baking it in tinfoil would be fine.One advantage to cooking salmon in the oven as opposed to pan frying it is that it doesn't stink out your house!

I usually grate some ginger and garlic into a glass dish, add some soy sauce and a touch of chili and marinate it for an hour or two in the fridge (skin side up).Then I turn the fillet over, pop it into the oven for 20-30 minutes (depending on the thickness).It always comes out lovely.

jessie981, Jun 19, 4:21am
Sounds yum scarlettnz. Will give it a try. Thanx

rainrain1, Jun 19, 5:58am
pan fried skin side down first = crispy skin, almost the best part of the salmon

stjimmy, Jun 19, 7:28am
add sliced lemons (about 1/4 inch) to the bottom of your shallow frying pan - no oil. Put the deboned salmon fillet/strip on top and add water till the lemons are not quite covered. Put a lid on and steam for about 4-5 mins on a medium-high temperature. Then take the lid off and let the steam boil off then on a higher temp move the lemons to the side and put the flesh side of the fish down for 2-3 mins to crisp up, then flip and 2-3 mins other side. Fried lemons are edible and a great way to offset the oiliness of the salmon.

My partner and I love Salmon cooked this way.

jessie981, Jun 20, 3:34am
majority on here say to use Lime juice. i haven't cooked before so can I just season, put adribble of oil on top, wrap in tinfoil & bake in oven or is it better pan fried!

scarlettnz, Jun 20, 4:13am
Baking it in tinfoil would be fine.One advantage to cooking salmon in the oven as opposed to pan frying it is that it doesn't stink out your house!

I usually grate some ginger and garlic into a glass dish, add some soy sauce and a touch of chili and marinate it for an hour or two in the fridge (skin side up).Then I turn the fillet over, pop it into the oven for 20-30 minutes (depending on the thickness).It always comes out lovely.