Treasures Magazine Fudge /SliceRecipe??

scannell2, Jun 20, 4:18am
hi someone i know made some yummy fudge/slice type thing they got the recipe from the treasures magazine. she said it was really easy, half a can of cond milk plus something else and you microwave it in one minute spells for a while then let it set. she seems to have a cookies and cream one and another lolly looking one. has anyone ever heard of this and know the recipe? have tried google but nothing and cant contact the person who made it originally. thanks in advance i have people coming tomorrow and nothing to feed them with their coffee

theanimal1, Jun 20, 5:11am
i dont get the treasure mags, but i have a few fudges/slices recipes if you would like me to post some?

kinna54, Jun 20, 5:29am
don't have that one sorry, but did see a post re cookies and cream slice earlier. I will attach a simple fudge that I used several variations of when catering. This one makes a yummy basic fudge, you can substitute dried apricots forthe sultanas, and ice with an orange icing, you can eliminate sultanas, and add 1 TBSP lemon zest and substitute the vanilla essence with a TBSP lemon juice,(to taste) and ice with lemon icing. Good luck.

Chocolate Cream Squares. (*The fudge biscuit cake*)

Ingredients:

250gwine biscuits (or any other suitable, Arrowroot, digestives, malt)
1/2 cup cornflakes
1/2 cup sultanas
125g butter
3-4 TBSPS condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla essence

Method:

Crush wine biscuits and cornflakes finely.
To this add the sultanas .
Melt together butter, vanilla essence and condensed milk.

Add this to the dry mixture and blend together well.

Press into a swiss roll tin.

Ice with chocolate icing. Sprinkle withcoconut or chopped nuts.

scannell2, Jun 21, 4:18am
hi someone i know made some yummy fudge/slice type thing they got the recipe from the treasures magazine. she said it was really easy, half a can of cond milk plus something else and you microwave it in one minute spells for a while then let it set. she seems to have a cookies and cream one and another lolly looking one. has anyone ever heard of this and know the recipe! have tried google but nothing and cant contact the person who made it originally. thanks in advance i have people coming tomorrow and nothing to feed them with their coffee

theanimal1, Jun 21, 5:11am
i dont get the treasure mags, but i have a few fudges/slices recipes if you would like me to post some!

kinna54, Jun 21, 5:29am
don't have that one sorry, but did see a post re cookies and cream slice earlier. I will attach a simple fudge that I used several variations of when catering. This one makes a yummy basic fudge, you can substitute dried apricots forthe sultanas, and ice with an orange icing, you can eliminate sultanas, and add 1 TBSP lemon zest and substitute the vanilla essence with a TBSP lemon juice,(to taste) and ice with lemon icing. Good luck.

Chocolate Cream Squares. (*The fudge biscuit cake*)

Ingredients:

250gwine biscuits (or any other suitable, Arrowroot, digestives, malt)
1/2 cup cornflakes
1/2 cup sultanas
125g butter
3-4 TBSPS condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla essence

Method:

Crush wine biscuits and cornflakes finely.
To this add the sultanas .
Melt together butter, vanilla essence and condensed milk.

Add this to the dry mixture and blend together well.

Press into a swiss roll tin.

Ice with chocolate icing. Sprinkle withcoconut or chopped nuts.