HELP!!!...Burnt frypan

logansrun93, Jun 22, 8:24am
bottom of frypan is burnt im not sure what i can use on it to remove the blackened residue? Any ideas please TIA

apple741, Jun 22, 8:27am
some say if you fill it with coke and soak it over night it will clean up well but have never tryed it

skye7, Jun 22, 8:39am
Baking soda and water, heat, and the blackened residue will lift.

firob, Jun 22, 8:41am
Weve done several times with saucepans, Fill with dirt and bury in the garden. Always worked a treat to remove the burnt on black.

logansrun93, Jun 22, 8:44am
Yesss will try that how much baking soda do u recommend? its my fav frypan id hate to throw it out! aaarrrgghhhh

red38, Jun 22, 8:45am
I use dishwasher powder - straight in the pan with water, simmer for 10 mins. Always works a treat!

camgirl, Jun 22, 8:50am
Vinager an salt............(great for copper base) Or you could try oven cleaner!

issymae, Jun 22, 9:14am
baking soda and white vinegar might work

elsielaurie1, Jun 22, 9:47am
From my Mum's old recipe book (she passed away 1984 so you will get some idea how old the book is).....Burnt Pan - make a paste of Cream of Tartar. Spread on, leave then wash.There's no mention of how long to leave it on though, I suppose as long as possible...Hope this helps....

cookessentials, Jun 22, 9:57am
Thats the method I use ...on a stainless steel pan.

bunny51, Jun 22, 11:26am
I put vinegar and baking soda in burnt pan and leave overnight, The burnt on stuff usually lifts off, if it doesn't I heat up then try again.

samanya, Jun 22, 11:12pm
That's what I do, simmer & leave overnight & it always works.

logansrun93, Jun 23, 8:24am
bottom of frypan is burnt im not sure what i can use on it to remove the blackened residue! Any ideas please TIA

logansrun93, Jun 23, 8:44am
Yesss will try that how much baking soda do u recommend! its my fav frypan id hate to throw it out! aaarrrgghhhh

camgirl, Jun 23, 8:50am
Vinager an salt.(great for copper base) Or you could try oven cleaner!

elsielaurie1, Jun 23, 9:47am
From my Mum's old recipe book (she passed away 1984 so you will get some idea how old the book is).Burnt Pan - make a paste of Cream of Tartar. Spread on, leave then wash.There's no mention of how long to leave it on though, I suppose as long as possible.Hope this helps.

cookessentials, Jun 23, 9:57am
Thats the method I use .on a stainless steel pan.

bunny51, Jun 23, 11:26am
I put vinegar and baking soda in burnt pan and leave overnight, The burnt on stuff usually lifts off, if it doesn't I heat up then try again.

samanya, Jun 23, 11:12pm
That's what I do, simmer & leave overnight & it always works.