Vegetarians - cooking tofu help please!

hkm11, Jun 23, 12:47am
I am not that great at cooking.
Have been a vegetarian most of my life but have never had tofu.I need to up my protein so I have brought some and was going to put it in a stirfry tonight.

How do I cook tofu?
Do I just stirfry the tofu with the veges and sauce (using sweet and sour)
or
do I need to marinate tofu and fry tofu seperate in soy sauce and sesame seeds then add it to my sweet and sour veges?
Thanks

frances1266, Jun 23, 1:08am
I like tofu sauteed in a little oil until it is crispy and golden.You can slice it or cube it. You can add it to stir fry like that or marinate it if you wish, I never do.I also like it sliced, dipped in water and then into rice flour that has has onion powder and nutritional yeast flakes added and then cooked in a little olive oil.
I sometimes serve with a satay sauce, yum.

ruby19, Jun 23, 5:51am
I really enjoy this
Otsu
Grated zest of 1 lemon
Fresh ginger, cut into a 1-inch cube, peeled, and grated
1 tablespoon honey
3/4 teaspoon cayenne * or to taste
3/4 teaspoon fine-grain sea salt
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/4 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
1/3 cup shoyu sauce (wheat-free soy sauce) or tamari G/F
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil

12 ounces dried soba noodles
12 ounces firm tofu
coriander
Pan fried mushrooms Broccoli optional;
Make the dressing by combining the zest, ginger, honey, cayenne, and salt in a food processor (or use a hand blender) and process until smooth. Add the lemon juice, rice vinegar, and shoyu, and pulse to combine. With the machine running, drizzle in the oils. marinade the cubed tofu for about 30 min, drain the tofu. Cook the tofu in a dry nonstick (or well-seasoned) skillet over medium-high heat for a few minutes, until the pieces are browned on one side. Toss gently once or twice, then continue cooking for another minute or so.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the soba noodles & the mushrooms & broccoli if using , and about ⅔ cup of the dressing. Toss until well combined. Add the tofu and toss again gently. Serve on a platter, garnished with coriander sprigs.

Cook the soba in plenty of rapidly boiling salted water just until tender, then drain and rinse under cold running water.

purplegoanna, Jun 23, 10:58pm
thats how i do it too