Does anyone remember cinnamon BUNS

freedreamz, Jun 24, 6:26am
Back when I was at school we used to be able to get cinnamon buns, the were buns, with cinnamon icing on top, I have google searched and all I can find is cinnamon wheels, can anyone suggest a recipe. TIA

malcovy, Jun 24, 7:59am
No but you reminded me of buns that are a half moon shape, raspberry jam and pink icing, yum.I haven't had one of these for years.
When I worked in a bakery we made yeast cinnamon scrolls with white icing with a sprinkling of cinnamon.

sjordan, Jun 24, 8:04am
We had them. They were called Chelsea buns here

very_hotpants, Jun 24, 8:45am
We made them at school.

freedreamz, Jun 24, 9:34am
It was a very simular size / look to a sally lun (sp) maybe more oblong, and the icing was cinnamon instead of coconut, any help would be appreciated, everyone round here thinks Im made and imagining them as they dont know what im talking about.

kinna54, Jun 24, 11:25pm
Yes I know what you are talking about, cinnamon spread inside, and different again to a stiicky bun.(used to have them in our school tuck shop) Nearest thing I have seen lately is chelsea Buns which I got at New World here the other day, only ones I have seen without coconut, although they seem to have more allspice than cinnamon in them, although definitely had the cinnamon icing. Try checking the breadmaker threads, and tea bun recipes,I have seen cinnamon bun recipes in there. Will check thru some old recipe books for you.