Something wrong with this recipe?

tania58, Jun 26, 3:17am
I'm in the process of making sticky lemon squares and the pastry base says 2 cups flour, 1/2 cup icing sugar and 150g cold butter and process until forms a ball ... but that isn't happening... I just have what looks like crumbled flour and it's meant to be some kind of dough.
Wondering if the recipe is wrong because surely I need to add water or some liquid to form a dough?Not much of a baker but surplus of lemons so thought I would try this !

allviv, Jun 26, 3:24am
You could try taking it out of processor and kneading the mix using hands.

samsnan, Jun 26, 3:29am
I made a recipe like this ages back. Take it out of the processor and knead it like allviv says and then press it into your tin. It actually comes together and does cook although like you I had my doubts also. Lets know how you get on.

tania58, Jun 26, 3:29am
thanks ive checked some other recipes for the same thing and it says "softened" butter whereas the recipe in my book says cold butter which is why I thought maybe I need some liquid to get a dough

pom4, Jun 26, 3:32am
i would add a few drops of boiling water maybe to get it to form a ball but it should bake together anyway

wheelz, Jun 26, 3:33am
sounds correct....Googled and found one with the same ingreds....it says..."Measure the flour, icing sugar and butter into the food processor and blend until the butter is finely blended through the dry ingredients. It will look quite dry and powdery, but don't fret. Tip the mixture into the tin and press down using the back of a fish slice or something similar."

shellz213, Jun 26, 3:44am
I have a lemon tart recipe which uses close to the same quantities of butter, flour and icing sugar that you mix together in the food processer.You need to leave the food processor going for quite a while before it gets to the "clumping together" ball stage.I was the same .... I thought it was just crumbly flour (like apple crumble topping is the best way I can describe it) and then I walked away from the processor for a few minutes and hey presto!!

tania58, Jun 26, 3:52am
yes it looks like apple crumble topping. thanks for the tips will leave the processor running a bit longer