Cooked Supermarket Chicken Q

bildasteve, Jun 23, 11:10pm
If I brought a couple of cooked chooks, could I put them in the slow cooker on 'warm' for a few hours till i wanted them or wouldnt that keep them hot enough? Id take the plastic off but leave in the foil bag?

indy95, Jun 23, 11:25pm
I wouldn't, bildasteve, but I am super-fussy about food safety and cleanliness following a nasty experience with E-coli several years ago. It depends what you mean by " a few hours " but I would take them out of their foil bags, coolthem as quickly as possible then refrigerate and reheat thoroughly when required.

wheelz, Jun 24, 12:22am
The cooked chickens at supermarkets have a time written on them, they may be kept at 65'C at least for 4 1/2 hours.... before having to chill. That is from the health dept.

dezzie, Jun 24, 1:17am
I throw them in the fridge, and then if they are the unstuffed ones, split them down the middle, pack in some stuffing (pre cook the onion) and reheat in the easi cook at tea time.

soph001, Jun 27, 9:29am
Just do it Steve. Take all their packaging off and jam them in. Other food that comes out of "keep warm" mode is hot enough to eat! I cook chickens from raw in mine, low for a couple hours, no big deal!