Recipe for Anzac Biscuits Please - am in OZ

bedazzledjewels, Apr 22, 7:52pm
Bumping up for another year.
Any new ideas!

gardie, Apr 22, 7:56pm
See recipes.One recently posted in there.

nzkea1, Jun 23, 4:24am
I am in OZ and have left my "Edmonds" Cookbook back in Christchurch, I would love to make some Anzac Bikkies but can not remember the recipe - Thanks in Advance

pam.delilah, Jun 23, 4:30am
ANZACbiscuits

100g butter

2 Tbsp Golden Syrup

1/2 cupSugar

1/2 tsp baking soda

2 Tbsp boiling water

1/2 cup plain flour

1/2 cup coconut

3/4 cup Rolled Oats

1/3 cup mixed seeds(sunflower & pumpkin seeds)

Method

Pre-heat oven to 180°C. Grease or line baking trays.

In a large saucepan melt butter with Golden Syrup and Raw Sugar
over a low heat. Remove from heat and set aside.

Dissolve baking soda in water, add to saucepan with the remaining
ingredients, stir until thoroughly mixed.

Put tablespoonfuls of mixture onto baking tray allowing enough
room for them to spread, flatten gently with a fork.

Bake for approximately 12 mins or until golden.

Makes: 15 large biscuits.

nzkea1, Jun 23, 4:45am
yay thanks for that, have got the butter and Golden Syrup melting now LOL

jessie981, Jun 23, 6:30am
Not real Anzac biscuits with seeds in! Edmonds one (for next time)
50gr flour
75gr sugar
2/3c coconut
2/3c rolled oats
50gr butter
1TBSP golden syrup
1/2tsp baking soda
2TBSPs boiling water
Mix together flour, sugar, coconut & rolled oats. Melt butter & golden strup. Dissolve baking soda in boiling water & add to butter & golden syrup. Make a well in the centre of flour & sitir in liquid.
Bake 15 - 20 mins @ 180.

lurtz, Jun 23, 6:46am
Why not are ANZAC biscuits not real ANZAC biscuits if the recipe includes seeds?:-)

jessie981, Jun 23, 7:09am
You find me a recipe & I'll believe you.

jessie981, Jun 23, 7:49am
A recipe that has seeds in!

nzkea1, Jun 23, 12:50pm
Thnx for that I made them without 1/3 cup mixed seeds(sunflower & pumpkin seeds) the Edmonds recipe did not have sunflower / pumpkin seeds.:O)

lurtz, Jun 24, 6:46am
Why not are ANZAC biscuits not real ANZAC biscuits if the recipe includes seeds!:-)

jessie981, Jun 24, 7:09am
You find me a recipe & I'll believe you.

cookiebarrel, Jun 27, 7:11am
I thought that the name Anzac biscuit was coined for the biscuits sent to the soldiers serving overseas during WW1 or WW2.Back then they proberly didn't use things like pumpkin or sesame seeds in baking or if they did, would not have thought they would have been readily available or a usual item to have on hand in the cupboard.So not part of the original Anzac biscuit recipe, so if they are added not a 'real' Anzac biscuit but a variation.Like making a banana cake using banana essence not real bananas and calling it a banana cake!!!!!!!!

jessie981, Jun 27, 9:58am
4xactly cookiebarrel!

cookiebarrel, Jun 28, 7:11am
I thought that the name Anzac biscuit was coined for the biscuits sent to the soldiers serving overseas during WW1 or WW2.Back then they proberly didn't use things like pumpkin or sesame seeds in baking or if they did, would not have thought they would have been readily available or a usual item to have on hand in the cupboard.So not part of the original Anzac biscuit recipe, so if they are added not a 'real' Anzac biscuit but a variation.Like making a banana cake using banana essence not real bananas and calling it a banana cake!