Anyone made DG's caramello brownie?

jimbob37, Jun 28, 3:26am
Why would my caramel part always sink to the bottom when cooking?

darkestangel1, Jun 24, 10:45am
Does anyone have a recipe for this please!

unknowndisorder, Jun 24, 12:05pm
Caramello Brownie

Easy to make, and awfully good, lovers of the chocolate caramel combo will go weak at the knees. Serve cold as a sweet treat or warmed with ice cream as an after dinner delight.

150 g butter
3 eggs
1 ½ cups sugar
150 g dark chocolate
¼ cup cocoa
¾ cup flour
1 tsp vanilla essence

For the caramel
55 g butter
3/4 cup condensed milk
1 tbsp golden syrup

Preheat oven to 180°
Line a sponge roll tin with non stick baking paper.
In a medium saucepan melt 150 g butter. Stir in the sugar then remove from the heat and add the chocolate and vanilla. Beat in the eggs one at a time then sift in the flour and cocoa mixing well after each addition.
In a small saucepan melt the 55 g butter with the condensed milk and syrup. When melted and combined remove from the heat and pour into a jug.
Pour some of the chocolate mixture into a greased sponge roll tin then alternately pour in some of the caramel mixture, so the two are randomly spread about the tin. Use a meat skewer to swirl the caramel into the chocolate mix.
Bake at 180° for around 30 minutes. A knife inserted into the cake should come out clean but the texture should still be slightly fudgey. Allow to cool before cutting.

Quotecageyduchess (53 )2:36 pm, Wed 29 Feb #5

unknowndisorder, Jun 24, 12:07pm
How do I stop the caramello sinking to the bottom of the brownie! The recipe is from destitute gourmet. According to the recipe the caramello should be evenly through the brownie.

Quotecageyduchess (53 )12:26 am, Wed 22 Feb #1
Have you tried just placing it on the top just prior to cooking! Some will sink a little but it'll pretty much stay on the top unless your mixture is very runny.

Quotegardie (397 )5:51 am, Wed 22 Feb #2

Quoted above is more of the thread posted sometime last year, so obviously a common problem with the caramel sinking (FYI)

jimbob37, Jun 28, 3:26am
Why would my caramel part always sink to the bottom when cooking!